Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:55 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Maybe the ape was guarding treasure!" Franklin joins the party.
User avatar

Posts: 705

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"An excellent idea!" Rhod says. "Let's check."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1330

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

You traipse back to the room with the statues. The ape came out of the southern-most of the two eastern doors. You open that door to see 20 feet of corridor before it expands into a bigger room. Steamy hot air, like a sauna, starts to waft towards the party
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:05 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Franklin takes the strip of cloth he had previously used as an ape blindfold and wraps it around his head, covering his nose and mouth so he is not overcome by the vapors. "Maybe you guys should wait here while I scout ahead." He keeps a close eye on Sconces; if the dog looks sick or short of breath, both of them will immediately retreat to fresh air.
User avatar

Posts: 761

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff, now armoured up and no longer suited for scouting, has his torch-bearer Edgar hand Franklin a torch if the halfling needs one.

"Be careful, Franklin," he mutters, then adds, "Be careful, Sconces."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 705

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Does the steamy air have any effect on the torches? Do they burn with a differently tinged light, for instance?
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1330

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

It is simply normal steam from something very hot. Probably torches would sputter a bit, I would think, but the radius is about 10' due to the thick air
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:17 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Franklin will explore a short distance to see if he can identify the source of the heat and steam. He would turn back immediately if the temperature becomes dangerous. He is carrying the torch given by Edgar.
Last edited by mushgnome on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 567

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:36 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Aldbane stands ready at the door, waiting for word from Franklin.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1330

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

If he follows the left wall, he comes across a second passage that links up with the other door in the statue room. Just to his right starts a large pool (maybe 20' around?) of boiling water
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software