Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 727

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff is in no mood to negotiate with goblins.

If there is space to get off a shot before melee begins, he'll loose an arrow from his short bow. Otherwise, he stays at the north end of the room, shooting at any goblins that break away from the fray and approach him.

He does order his hired footman into battle, though:

"Wodan! Would you be so kind as to slay those goblins?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 556

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:12 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

"To arms, a pack of Goblins!" Aldbane yells, then smashes his hammer into the head of the nearest goblin.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:38 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

I'll wait for some more replies
User avatar

Posts: 1253

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:02 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

If Franklin gets a clear shot with his sling then he will take it (but he will not fire into melee).
User avatar

Posts: 701

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Rhod will leap into the fray.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 182

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Maloof also readies his sling to attack any goblin who break free from the mass of melee.
User avatar

Posts: 170

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Vesh moves to join the other party members seeking to move into melee range & strike any Goblin who can be hit with his staff. But he'll first throw a dagger when he gets within 3 feet of the goblins before switching to his staff for the next round.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 70

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus steps forward, takes his sword, and tries to filet a goblin near him.
User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Missile fire is not possible, so the melee fighters sprint towards the combat. Aldbane and Marco use the surprise to each cut down a goblin, but undeterred, they press on in a swarm. Rhod and Grampus had arrived, and so help receive the charge.

The goblins are not skilled, and between that and the company's great armor, they are unscathed by the attack. The counter-attack is devastating, and the remaining four goblins are all cut down

Players have a round of surprise
Aldbane @ goblin, rolls 12, hits for <1d6>=3 damage, killing it
Marco @goblin, rolls 12, hits for <1d6>=5 damage, killing it

INITIATIVE

Players 2, Goblins 5 - Goblins win

Goblins roll morale, they waver but decide to attack
Goblins swarm

goblin @Aldbane, rolls 16 - miss
goblin @Marco, rolls 3 - miss
goblin @Rhod, rolls 4- miss
goblin @Grampus, rolls 1 - miss

Aldbane @ goblin, rolls 11, hits for <1d6>=4 damage, killing it
Marco @goblin, rolls 18, hits for <1d6>=4 damage, killing it
Rhod @goblin, rolls 11, 18, hits twice for 7 total damage, killing it
Grampus @goblin, rolls 14,20, hits twice for 7 total damage, killing it
User avatar

Posts: 727

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Well done, friends! You are mighty warriors, indeed," says Wiglaff as he steps over the bodies & peers through the door through which the goblins entered the room.

Once he's had a look down the corridor, unless he sees something very interested he'll probably close the door & suggest the party explore the concealed passage to the north before exiting the room.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software