Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

The corridor goes south for at least 60 feet, with an east branch at 50 feet. A blur of motion interferes, and you see that not 10 feet away is a black-robed creature with glowing red eyes, reaching out shadowy, bony clawed hands towards you!
User avatar

Posts: 731

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Run away!" shouts Wiglaff.

He suits the action to the word & runs as fast as his elf-legs can carry him! Headed north & hopefully some members of the party are still in the doorway (holding it open), since the scouts were 30ish feet ahead.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]

Posts: 70

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:21 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus says, “Run back to the stairs! Let’s get out of here!”
User avatar

Posts: 1264

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:25 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Franklin and Sconces run as fast as they can!

Posts: 70

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus tried to jump behind the door holding his sword with both hands and prepares to close it, if he can, when everyone is back through, with his shoulder.
User avatar

Posts: 556

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Aldbane helps to close the door and follows!
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 701

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Rhod will lend his weight to keeping the door closed, if there's room.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 182

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Maloof pulls out his holy cross and waits while the door is being closed, ready to defend if necessary. Once it is shut, he will flee with the others.
User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

You turn and run, but not before Franklin receives a nasty gash right down his back. His body chills for a minute, but he shakes it off. You run through the door, Gramous slams it shut, then sprint up the stairs. You are not followed

MECHANICS
Monster gained surprise, closed with 10'
Initiative: Party 2, Monster 3 - Monster wins
Monster has 4 HD, against normal types attacks 4 times, but does not get its special ability
Monster @Wiglaff, rolls 6,9, misses twice
Monster @Franklin, rolls 19, 6; hits once for <1d6>=4 damage
Franklin, Save vs Petrification to avoid Life level loss, rolls 18 - success
Franklin is at 1/5 hit points

NOTE: I allow save vs Petrification to avoid level drain, my little house rule
User avatar

Posts: 1303

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

| May I remind you that Aldbane has a Staff of Healing |
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software