Delve the Fifth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 114

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Vesh has Aiden turn his back to him & fishes out a full flask of oil & if able to this round throw it in the attempt to get it past the Thugs at the base of the stairs so it splashes between them and their fellow holding back. If successful he'll order either Aiden to pass him his lit torch so he can try to throw it past the melee potentially catching the thugs in the flames or at least distract them or have Aiden throw it instead. If the oil doesn't make it where he wishes it to land, he hopes it doesn't cause issues with his comrades & will NOT throw a torch in that case.

[OOC: IF anyone objects to Vesh's action have them yell "STOP Vesh!" & he'll rescind his attempt.]
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 41

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:57 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Grampus is disgruntled by his lack of success and continues into the melee with and quick swing at the aggressor with renewed vigor.
User avatar

Posts: 1026

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:53 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Good dog, Sconces," says Franklin. If he has time to get off a sling shot at the bad men as they descend the stairs, then he will do so. If not, he draws his dagger and prepares to defend himself, should the ruffians get past Ori and Dori. Sconces will only intervene if it's necessary to save his master's life.
Last edited by mushgnome on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 511

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Aldbane continues his melee attack.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 488

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff shoots at the bandit who's hanging back.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 664

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Rhod keeps fighting.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1075

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:34 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Maloof and Wiglaff change their target to the man hanging back, but their shots miss. However, Vesh's oil flask hits its target, and falls to the floor, spilling its contents... Meanwhile, Franklin spins around and brains one of the two men coming down the stairs. The other man is hacked up by Ori and Dori, securing the rear. At the foot of the stairs, the melee is not going as well, as Grampus gets hit, but the party inflicts no other damage

INITIATIVE
Party 4 Monsters 3 - Party wins

MISSILE FIRE
Vesh, oil flask, 9 - good enough :)
Maloof sling 4, miss
Wiglaff bow 1, miss
Franklin sling 12, hits for <1d6>=6 damage, killing him

MELEE
Rhod rolls 13, miss
Grampus rolls 12+1=13, miss
Aldbane rolls 6, miss

Ori rolls 15, hits for <1d6>=3 damage
Dori rolls 20, hits for <1d6>=6 damage, killing him

Enemy @Rhod rolls 1,
Enemy @Grampus rolls 20, Grampus is hit for <1d6>=4 damage
Enemy @Aldbane rolls 1,

WOUNDS
Rhod 6/11
Grampus 11/15

3 enemy killed, 4 left
User avatar

Posts: 488

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff looses another arrow at his target.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1026

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Nice job, Dori and Ori!" cheers Franklin. He doesn't want to fire his sling into melee, for fear of hitting his friends, so he just holds position on the landing and watches the battle with concern.
User avatar

Posts: 114

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Maloof, Edgar & Wotan, if Aiden passes his torch to you Edgar can you pass it on to Maloof & then Maloof can pass it on further to Wotan so you Wotancan then toss it over Grampus & the thug he's fighting onto the oil behind them?, says Vesh.

Vesh will wait until they reply thinking since Wotan is closer that he could toss the torch easier without the torch going out. If the others are unwilling to assist, Vesh will attempt to throw the torch himself.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software