Delve the Fifth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 567

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Aldbane will meet the charge with his hammer.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:33 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Franklin stays back from the melee. If he gets a clear shot with his sling (without danger of friendly fire) then he takes it.
User avatar

Posts: 705

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Rhod wades right in to the fight. He's getting tired of extortion as well.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 194

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Maloof turns about and moves up near the turn in the stairs, ready to ambush the two ruffians from upstairs if they come down.
User avatar

Posts: 1330

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Rough idea of combat

Bottom of stairs: [Rhod F2] [Grampus Dw2]
On the stairs: [Aldbane C2] [Wodan hench]
Higher on the stairs: [Wiglaff E1] [Maloof C1]
Still higher: [Marco foot] [Edgar lantern]
Still Higher: [Vesh Mu1] [Aiden torch]
Still Higher:[Mona foot] [Nori hench]
At the landing: [Phillippe porter] [Franklin H1]+[Sconces dog]
At the landing: [Ori hench] [Dori hench]

I will rule people on the stairs can fire bows IF THE PARTY WINS INITITIVE else they would be firing into melee

I would let Aldbane slide in front with the other two
Ori and Dori will guard from above/. I will let Maloof make his way back, but he will disrupt anybody trying to fire this turn
User avatar

Posts: 761

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

If the party loses initiative, Wiglaff will not fire into the melee, but will wait and fire if any of the brigands break through the party's rank & approach him.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Franklin senses he will not be able to contribute to this round of fighting, and so he turns his attention to guarding the landing. He keeps lookout in case the party is attacked from above.
User avatar

Posts: 194

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

OOC: Sorry, I didn't realise there were already party members at the landing, in that case Maloof will ready his sling to shoot if we win initiative (that is, if he has room to swing it, it seems pretty crowded at the moment).
User avatar

Posts: 1330

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff, Franklin and Maloof get off a quick round of missile fire and the leader goes down! The others rush the stairs, where a 3-on-3 duel takes place, one enemy hanging back for lack of room. An indecisive exchange happens, but Aldbane's foe, and Rhod, are both injured.

Sconces stiffens, and points up the stairs. Ori and Dori see the two men they just paid their toll to, coming down the stairs with swords drawn!

There is a 3-on-3 melee at the foot of the stairs, one man out of combat, and two coming down the stairs from above. Maloof and Wiglaff could missile fire the one hanging back.

What does everybody do?

INITIATIVE
Party 3 Monsters 1 - Party wins

MISSILE FIRE
Maloof sling 16, hits leader for <1d6>=3 damage
Wiglaff bow 18, hits leader for <1d6>=6 damage, killing the leader
Franklin sling 5, (missed by 2!!)

MELEE
Rhod rolls 9, miss
Grampus rolls 2+1=3, miss
Aldbane rolls 19, hits for <1d6>=2 damage

Enemy @Rhod rolls 17, Rhod is hit for <1d6>=5 damage
Enemy @Grampus rolls 6,
Enemy @Aldbane rolls 3,

WOUNDS
Rhod 6/11
User avatar

Posts: 194

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:31 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Maloof will take a shot with his sling at the foe who's back out of the melee.
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software