Delve the Fifth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 151

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

mushgnome wrote:At Wiglaff's prompting, Franklin fires his sling and ducks behind one of the pillars for cover.


Vesh and his hireling will do likewise with Marco defending Young Aiden & Mona defending Vesh. Vesh shifts his staff to his left hand & pulls a dagger from a sheath to ready it to throw if the beast comes within range before shifting back to his staff.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
User avatar

Posts: 155

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:52 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

If Maloof becomes convinced of the reality of the creature, he'll start using his sling from range.

Posts: 57

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:49 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Grampus asks Ori, Nori and Dori to hide behind some pillars for now.
User avatar

Posts: 1164

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

kipper wrote:Maloof peers piercingly at the bizarre apparition.
((Attempting to disbelieve))


Alas, he can not convince himself against the evidence of his senses
User avatar

Posts: 1164

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Hi guys - sorry, I took the weekend off

I did a crude diagram of what I think is going on. Grampus and Wiglaff will fire one shot each from the side, but then those two groups will ease back a bit, so that the worm/snake/insect thing heads straight on to the waiting Rhod and Erik. After combat begins, the east and west will then jump on its flanks. Maloof and Frankin and Vesh(dagger) will all contribute missile fire until the creature is on the front fighters

Image
User avatar

Posts: 585

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:58 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

That plan is correct as far as I'm concerned. Wiglaff, unarmored at this time, will not join the melee for the first turn but will order Wodan forward.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 155

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Maloof is ready!
User avatar

Posts: 1164

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

The party opens up with ranged fire, even Vesh tossing a dagger, and the monster staggers under the barrage. Maddened, it rushes the front rank of Rhod and Erik, who manage to strike at it first. Erik scores a big wound, and then the monster frenzies! RHod manages to dodge the choking smoke and biting head, but Erik is not so lucky and goes down with his throat ripped out

MECHANICS
Missile Fire

Grampus 13, hits for <1d6>=3 damage
Wiglaff 15, hits for <1d6>=1 damage
Maloof 9, miss
Franklin 17, hits for <1d6>=6 damage
Vesh 19, hits for <1d6>=5 damage

INITIATIVE
Party 6, MOnster 3

Rhod, 4, miss
Erik, 18, hits for <1d6>=5 damage

Monster @Erik 5, 8, 19, 20
Monster @ Rhod 4, 2, 5

Erik is hit twice for 11 damage killing him

WOUNDS
Monster 20 damage taken
Erik, dead
User avatar

Posts: 1105

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"I didn't like Erik at first, but he died a hero!" laments Franklin. He and Sconces take cover behind the nearest pillar.
User avatar

Posts: 585

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff watches the melee in consternation, and decides to take a risk. Dropping his bow, he takes up shield, and hand axe, and joins the melee as soon as possible, charging in from the side.

"Charge, Wodan!" he shouts.

Hopefully the dwarves & clerics will join in as well.
The beast should be pretty close to dead, even at 7 hit dice! If we win initiative we should be able to finish it off.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software