Delve the Fourth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 671
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Aldbane will move in once he sees an opening.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1697
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Grampus bowls into the goblins, clearing space for Aldbane to step in. They land no hits, but their armor protects them, and now they have room to swing. The dwarves flood in, and Grampus, Dori and Nori kill the last three goblins

MECHANICS
Goblin @Grampus rolls 1 - miss
Goblin @Grampus rolls 10 - miss
Goblin @Aldbane rolls 14 - miss

Grampus @goblin rolls 4 - miss
Aldbane @goblin rolls 9 - miss

Initiative: Party 6 goblins 1 - party wins

Grampus @goblin rolls 14 - hits for <1d6>+1=3 killing it
Aldbane @goblin rolls 1 - miss
Dori @goblin rolls 14 - hits for <1d6>=6 killing it
Nori @goblin rolls 19 - hits for <1d6>=2 killing it
Ori @goblin rolls 3 - miss

Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Wiglaff peers into the room & nods his approval at the carnage. Then he takes a good look around at the room in general.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1600
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:54 am

Re: Delve the Fourth

Grampus sheathes his magic sword and takes a deep breath. The dwarves set to work searching the room and looting the corpses of the goblins and bird man.

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:17 am

Re: Delve the Fourth

Vesh continues watching for potential new threats drawn from the melee & will cast if a large number of hostile come into range. He'll also notify the group if this occurs.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Wiglaff notes that the dwarfs have this room well in hand. Since there are only thirty feet of corridor between, he wants to investigate the white-padded-wall room.

"Sir Vesh, would you be so kind as to keep a watch the corridor both ways while we investigate these rooms? I suspect your magic could stop or at least slow any approaching enemies.

"Edgar, you're with me!"


With that, the elf-warrior & his torch-bearer proceed approximately thirty feet west & stand on the threshold of the white-padded-wall room.

If the door has closed in the interim, Wiglaff opens it.

Wiglaff will spend a full turn here (while the dwarfs are in the goblins' room).

He does a careful, patient inspection of the room, the floor, ceiling, walls, first visually, and then, if he sees nothing untoward, he'll move across to stand before the chest.

He looks for: unusual holes in the surface of the chest, or of the lock; strange wires or lines; discolorations or growths.

Once the visual inspection is done, he'll stand to one side (and gesture for Edgar to do the same) and lift the chest slightly from one end, if possible, trying to ascertain whether it might be attached to the floor.

As long as he finds nothing strange in the inspection, Wiglaff will then bash the rusty padlock with the butt of his battle-ax!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1697
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

acodispo wrote:Wiglaff notes that the dwarfs have this room well in hand. Since there are only thirty feet of corridor between, he wants to investigate the white-padded-wall room.

"Sir Vesh, would you be so kind as to keep a watch the corridor both ways while we investigate these rooms? I suspect your magic could stop or at least slow any approaching enemies.

"Edgar, you're with me!"


With that, the elf-warrior & his torch-bearer proceed approximately thirty feet west & stand on the threshold of the white-padded-wall room.

If the door has closed in the interim, Wiglaff opens it.

Wiglaff will spend a full turn here (while the dwarfs are in the goblins' room).

He does a careful, patient inspection of the room, the floor, ceiling, walls, first visually, and then, if he sees nothing untoward, he'll move across to stand before the chest.

He looks for: unusual holes in the surface of the chest, or of the lock; strange wires or lines; discolorations or growths.

Once the visual inspection is done, he'll stand to one side (and gesture for Edgar to do the same) and lift the chest slightly from one end, if possible, trying to ascertain whether it might be attached to the floor.

As long as he finds nothing strange in the inspection, Wiglaff will then bash the rusty padlock with the butt of his battle-ax!


Wiglaff carefully scopes out the situation, then, satisfied, starts bashing the rusty padlock. He succeeds in breaking it, and should be able to remove it and open the chest with no problem

The others check the bodies of the goblins they killed, and liberate a total of 28 gold pieces

Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

"Stand back, Edgar!"

Wiglaff slowly, carefully prods the chest open with the end of his battle-ax.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Maloof has joined Wiglaff in the white room.

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

"I'll keep an eye out both directions, Wiglaff, so we are not caught unaware.

Vesh does try to keep between both parties so he can try to keep watch over the corridor in case threats approach from either direction. He cringes at the sound of Wiglaff busting the lock but returns focus immediately.

[OOC: I'll assume Makofan meant Wiglaff bashed the rusty lock on the chest not Vesh. ;) ]
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.