Delve the Fourth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Rhod is happy to be in front.

He raises his sword and shield, but waits to hear the bird-man's response before doing anything else.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Maloof eyes the birdman coldly and fingers his mace.

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Grampus and the dwarves leave off searching the cloak room (they had not gotten very far yet) and enter the hall. The birdmen whistles, and the door beside Wiglaff opens, and a bunch of goblins start bursting through the opening

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Can Wiglaff see past the first few goblin? Are there more behind in the room? How many, roughly, is "a bunch"? :(
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

He guesses between a half-dozen and a dozen

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Though Wiglaff would parley with a bird-man, or a bear-man, or other humanoids of unknown disposition, his feeling is that all goblin-kind are of Chaotic nature & thus are not worthy of trust. Nor, in fact, of existing!

With this in mind, he swings his battle-ax in a wide arc, attacking the goblins who are bursting out into the corridor.

His aim is to press them hard & hold the doorway, before too many of them have poured into the broader corridor.

"Rhod! Maloof! I call upon your aid!" he cries. Then: "Die, goblin scum!"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Vesh is ready to assist the Dwarfs & Wiglaff, but only if needed as he wants to make sure other threats do not move to join the melee. He will strike if attacked or if the others are being overwhelmed.

[OOC: I'll assume Vesh either found an empty sconce for his torch or placed it on the floor near the wall.]
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Aldbane readies his hammer, but waits for the other spellcasters to act before running into melee.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1622
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:01 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

If the spellcasters have something up their sleeves, then Grampus will not interrupt. Otherwise, he shouts, "Dwarves--shield wall!" and leads a disciplined melee attack against the goblin horde.

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:43 am

Re: Delve the Fourth

I will wait for Rhod and Maloof to weigh in

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.