Delve the Third


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 199

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: Delve the Third

Yes, Maloof will take the spot beside Alkman.
User avatar

Posts: 1349

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Re: Delve the Third

Before Grampus can do anything, the door is yanked open and an a man armed in plate mail and shield jumps into your midst screaming "Klos is upon you!". He lays about with his sword. Grampus narrowly gets his shield up in time, but the party's excellent armor mostly saves them. Poor Alkman is hacked down, though. As the party is regaining its wits, the figure stops for a second and says "Surrender is perfectly acceptable"


| MECHANICS
Enemy was waiting in ambush, roll for surprise: <1d6>=6, surprise
Enemy gets a free round
Enemy gets 5 attacks:
@Rhod 5 MISS
@Grampus x2 14, 3 MISS TWICE
@Alkman 20 HIT for <1d6>=6 damage, killing him
@Maloof 7 MISS |
User avatar

Posts: 709

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Delve the Third

"Hells, no!" Rhod bellows, attacking him.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 575

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: Delve the Third

Aldbane rushes in, swinging his hammer!
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Delve the Third

Grampus responds to the warrior's impertinence with a hammer blow to the gut!
Last edited by mushgnome on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 199

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: Delve the Third

Maloof stands in shock as Alkman is chopped down right beside him! He brings his mace around at the armoured warrior.
User avatar

Posts: 1349

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Re: Delve the Third

I'll defintely wait for ways' input before I proceed
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: Delve the Third

Serech will switch places with his porter and torch-holder, Francis. If he gets a chance, he will attack with his warhammer.

"If it is, then we accept! Tho your surrender has caught us a bit off-guard!"
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:50 am

Re: Delve the Third

Golguldir immediately drops defensively to the floor, and tries to roll away from the fighting. If the Gods are with him, perhaps he can avoid being specifically targeted by Klos?
By the look of the marching order Golguldir was adjacent to Alkman when Klos attacked; so I presume he is already threatened by the melee (a.k.a. "meeled") and therefore might not automatically get off a spell?

Moreover, Golguldir only has two Sleep spells available, and these will not affect a 5 HD monster. As Klos made five attacks, we might presume he has 5 HD, and therefore is likely to be immune to Sleep.

If all this is true, there's not much Golguldir can do other than try to survive...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1349

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Re: Delve the Third

The startled party has fire in their hearts, and attack back with vigor. In the confusion, Golguldir manages to interpose Ivar, Catweazle's guard, between him and the crazed swordsman. Aldbane and Serech try to make their way through the mess to get in the fight once there is an opportunity. Rhod and Grampus manage to get in good blows, but they do not diminish the evil swordsman's ardor. Catweazle draws some parchment from his belt, hurriedly unrolling it. "Pfiffle and doldschurtz, this miscreant offends me." He reads his Charm Person scroll, but it has no effect. Klos whacks Grampus with a glancing blow

| INITIATIVE
Players 5, Klos 3

Rhod 19 HIT for <1d6>=2 damage
Grampus 16 HIT for <1d6+1>=6 damage
Maloof 2 MISS
Ivar 7 MISS

Klos, saving throw, rolls 19 success

Klos @Rhod 1 MISS
Klos @Grampus x2 12, 17 HIT ONCE for 2 damage
Klos @Maloof 3 MISS
Klos @Ivar 1 MISS

Grampus is at 6/8 hit points |
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software