03 - To the Shadowmoor


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 442

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Alrik

okruse wrote:"Let us determine what this is .. together. Strength in numbers and all like that. <pauses, thinks> but someone keep an eye to the back in cases this is subterfuge."


Alrik will follow last, keeping an eye out behind the group.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1620

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer readies his new bow, fitting an arrow to the string, and steps towards the front of the group to move towards the pond.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1481

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rhegaer takes the lead with Coln off to his right and Hagwen and Phadian close behind. Everyone moves carefully and deliberately trying not to alert whatever is in the pool. It is only when you get within 20 yards do you finally see what has been causing the noise.

alligator_frog.jpg
Vroat of Shadowmoor
alligator_frog.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 2294 times


It's eyes are wide open, it's jaws above the waterline. It seems to be staring directly at you, with fearless, hungry eyes.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:13 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

OOC
Exactly how big is this thing?
User avatar

Posts: 1481

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

About 8ft long from snout to bottom. The jaws are at least 3feet long.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:18 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

"Well I am not going to get any sleep with that thing out there, looks like it might eat us! I suggest everyone ready their weapons, I count from 1 to 3 and on 3 we all start firing. Hopefully we can kill it before it gets to us."
User avatar

Posts: 1620

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer nods in agreement. "Not safe with that thing near us, specially if it is talking to others..." When everyone else is ready, he fires an arrow from his bow at the strange creature.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 442

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Alrik

"Ah, I know of no magic that will affect this creature, I'm afraid."

Brandishing his dagger, but reluctant to lose it to the pool or the creature's giant maw, Alrik hangs back with Rik and watches, waiting to see if he is needed.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

okruse wrote:Phadian

"Well I am not going to get any sleep with that thing out there, looks like it might eat us! I suggest everyone ready their weapons, I count from 1 to 3 and on 3 we all start firing. Hopefully we can kill it before it gets to us."


HAGWEN

Hagwen shoots Phadian a dark look.

"Bloodthirsty little ferret fer a Man 'o the Cloth, ain'tcha?"

She looks back at the creature in the pool.

"Don't 'old wiv' killin' nuffink wot ain't plannin' on snuffin' me first."

"'Course, if Toady down there starts gettin' frisky, it's supper."
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:23 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

To Hagwen

"Well perhaps it isn't hungry right now, but any creature that big with that big a jaw is certainly a predator. It is nothing personal against it, but I would prefer not to be food for it. If you have another suggestion I would be glad to hear it."

I keep an eye on the creature, and my sling out in case it makes a move for us while we are speaking.
PreviousNext

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software