02 - Battle on the Downs


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:02 am

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Phadian

I move towards the remaining two bandits with the intent of getting in range to use my sling on them (going to the spot 2 spaces to the right of the nearest x)
User avatar

Posts: 1500

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Round 2:

Rhegear and Phadian move up to as far as they can.
Coln takes another shot
Hagwen moves up and takes another shot
Alrik revels in his arcane power

Bandit have had enough and turn to flee

Rolls:
eAsp:roll 2d20
mgt's roll comes to 29 [18 11 on 2d20]

Coln hits easily with 20
Hagwen also hits with 12+

eAsp:roll 2d6
mgt's roll comes to 6 [4 2 on 2d6]

Coln's shot kills the first bandit. Hagwen has wounded the other who turns and moves off.


  Code:
..............##....^............##.....
..............##...|~|...........##.....
.............a##...|~|..................
................../.~.\.................
.................|..~..|................
.........##.....C|..~..|................
.........##......|..~..|...A..##........
.................|..~..|......##........
......##........./..~..\................
......##........|...~...|...........##..
................|...~u..|...........##..
................|...~..u|...............
...............H|...~uu.|...............
................/...~uux\...PR..........
_____/\________/....~....\_____.........
....................~xx........\________
....................~...................
....................~...........B.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
........................................
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Rhegaer the Red

Rather than see one of the bandits get away, Rhegaer quickly grabs his sling and launches a stone at the fleeing bandit.

If he misses, he does not give chance; rather, he stows his sling once again and begins securing one of the unconscious bandits. If nobody moves to do anything with the others, he will secure them, as well, using whatever belts or rope he can find on the bodies (or bandits themselves) to do so.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Hagwen

"Oh no, ya don't, ya gobbo-lickin' toerag..."

Hagwen races to the edge of the ravine and attempts to launch one more arrow at the fleeing bandit. If this brings him down, well and good. If not, she will abandon the pursuit and make all the haste she may to return to the main battle...
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 am

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Phadian

"I am well and duly impressed with you all. It seems I have been too timid to contribute much to the battle, but I will do my best to redeem myself better in future battles."

Moves into the ravine to help with the binding of the unconscious survivers. I make sure to relieve each of them of their weapons first. If any revive and attempt to flee I will have my staff handy to persuade them to stay still and meet their justice.
User avatar

Posts: 1500

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Round 3:

Hagwen takes a few steps and shoots at the fleeing bandit
Rhegaer lets fly with his sling
Coln is out of sight/range now
Phadian starts down the slope to secure the bandits
Alrik looks on from his vantage point near the house

Attack Rolls:
eAsp:roll 2d20
mgt's roll comes to 37 [20 17 on 2d20]

Both Hagwen and Rhegaer hit the fleeing Bandit from behind
eAsp:roll 2d6
mgt's roll comes to 7 [4 3 on 2d6] The bandit is quiet dead.

Rhegaer then makes his way down following Phadian, while Hagwen takes off running back towards the main road. What do the others do?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 465

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Alrik

Alrik, feeling rather defenseless now that the spell has been cleared from his memory, looks around and notices everyone has moved away. He calls after Hagwen - "Wait, I'm coming with you!"
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

merias wrote:Alrik

Alrik, feeling rather defenseless now that the spell has been cleared from his memory, looks around and notices everyone has moved away. He calls after Hagwen - "Wait, I'm coming with you!"


Hagwen

"Stay 'ere an' 'elp Wotsisface truss up them sleepin' beauties," growls Hagwen at Alrik, stabbing a thick, grubby finger in the direction of Phadian.

To Coln and Rhegaer; "You two; wiv' me!"

To Aurora as she passes; "C'mon, dog; let's go chomp some goblin..."
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer stands up from getting ready to truss up the first unconscious bandit, sighing. He puts away his sling and readies his axe, once more, and turns to follow the burly woman to help fight the goblins.

He calls out over his shoulder, "And don't think I won't be expecting a share of whatever coins you pull from them bandits," he adds as he climbs back up the ravine.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 465

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Alrik

doctorx wrote:"Stay 'ere an' 'elp Wotsisface truss up them sleepin' beauties," growls Hagwen at Alrik, stabbing a thick, grubby finger in the direction of Phadian.


Alrik decides staying away from the ongoing assault at the main gate is advisable, and walks down to help Phadian bind and then search the bandits.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software