The Tenth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:32 am

The Tenth Adventure

January 7

The Hobbets return to dungeon level 3 to battle the fearsome cockatrice in its lair.

After several furious rounds of combat, our heroes prevail! The cockatrice guards a massive treasure hoard worth approximately 1,000gp per Hobbet!

Over the following weeks and month, the members of Adventure Club finish exploring the cavern system: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bxdvNu6ftgzuKgP38

Here are your final xp and gp totals:

Dougal: 8310xp, 5074gp
Kiplyn: 7050xp, 4611gp
Dame Simonetta: 6953xp, 4232gp
Wilbur: 6727xp, 4795gp
Bilfur: 4188xp, 2748gp
Noh'won: 3090xp, 1617gp
Robur: 782/822/822xp, 1548gp
Beppo: 1187/1303xp, 1563gp

Good game! This concludes the Hobbet Heroes of Hornpipe campaign. If you wish, you can write an epilogue describing your character's post-adventuring career.

Thank you to acodispo, Bastet1002, coffee, dtspurrier, ebonheartedsoul, ehiker133, kipper, mgtremaine, rredmond, scottenkainen, tonneau, and any other names I forgot to mention, for joining me in these adventures. Special thanks to waysoftheearth for hosting our game and providing the Immersive Ink rule set.

Fight on, Hobbitses!
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Bastet1002 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:35 pm

Re: The Tenth Adventure

Mushgnome, I would like to thank you for all your hard work Gamemastering this game, but surprised the game is over... I did not see that coming... Well, I'll look forward to continuing ultraviolet grasslands...
Last edited by Bastet1002 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:37 pm

That's some map! Great game @mushgnome thank you for all the effort and fun you created with it!

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by kipper » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:19 pm

Dame Simonetta creates a company of Hobbets whose task is to patrol the borders and keep the farmers and settlers safe.
It was a very fun game and I'm sad to see it end. Thank you, mushgnome!

Post by rredmond » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:00 pm

Thank you very much @mushgnome this was a different kind of game, well enjoyed and well DMed!
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by Bastet1002 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:20 pm

Sorry, I hope you don't mind a second post from me. I wanted to say, I enjoyed the company of the other gamers in this game too. I know a handful of you are in the UVG game (which I hope will continue). But, I hope we'll all stay in touch. Maybe one of us will try our hand at starting something new?

Robur will naturally take over his father's business and create the most famous of mead's called, "Cockatrice" of course. It is infused with the finest mushrooms, originally collected on adventures with his trusty sidekick parrot, Bidgeon.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by mushgnome » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:02 pm

Hello my Preciousses,

If any of you are still out there following, I wanted to take a moment and close the loop on Hobbet Heroes, which was certainly one of the highlights of my gaming career.

One year ago I was in a scary car accident. At first I was like, no bones are broken, this is fine, business as usual. But then a few days later, I started having trouble concentrating and focusing on the computer screen, so that's when I made the abrupt decision to shut down Hobbet Heroes and Ultraviolet Grasslands campaigns, to clear my plate. For the past year, I've been spending as little time as possible on the computer, focusing instead on tactile real-world hobbies like gardening, photography, and Lego.

Good news, here we are a year later, I feel like a million gold pieces, and the doc says I am medically cleared to resume full D&D activities. Plan to see more of me on the various D&D forums as I ease back into things. First I want to get back into a good rhythm as a player, and then if that goes well, hopefully start DM'ing again someday.

I apologize for not being more forthcoming at the time. It feels weird sharing my personal life online, but this was a big one, so you deserve to know. You're all such quirky and fun players, running Hobbet Heroes was a joy. Thanks as always to @waysoftheearth for giving our wacky hobbet hijinks a good home here on Immersive Ink forums.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 pm

Thanks for the update Mushgnome. I was concerned but didn't want to pry and you popped in just enough so I, "we", knew you were ok.. (I use ok loosely).

Glad you you are feeling better.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:05 pm

mgtremaine wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:07 pm
Glad you you are feeling better.
Echoing Mike's sentiment. Trauma hits everyone differently, but when it hits, it hits.
Glad you are feeling better mg!
--Ron--
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:55 pm

Great to hear and see you're on the up and up @mushgnome. Take your time. You're always welcome here of course (and more kudos to Mike for actually providing this space for us all) :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”