The first campaign turn, comprising a wilderness trek, has passed. It resulted in the deaths of four player-characters, the capture of Thick-Nick, and the gaining of some minor loot and some important information.
Campaign Turn 2
We now zoom back out to more abstract Campaign Turn (a.k.a. "Town Time") level.
In this next period you can each perform any town-side or adventure-preparation type activities that could reasonably be achieved within a week. If nothing more detailed is specified, I will presume that your player-character is cooling his/her heals and resting up in preparation for the next adventure.
During this turn of town time you can assume that:
* You must spend a minimum of 7 sp on cost of living expenses,
* If you don't have 7 sp for living costs, you must either work (assuming basic laborer rate of 2 sp per day digging latrine trenches and/or hauling mud for construction of a palisade wall around the camp), or else explain how your character earns his/her keep.
* You can sell any surplus arms/armor/whole-equipment for half the list price. If this equipment was captured during the recent adventure, then it counts as treasure, and you will get 1 XP for each 1 sp worth of treasure so recovered,
* Thick-Neck can be handed over ("sold") to Manfred's Guard for a finder's fee of 300 sp (also resulting in 300 XP earned),
* You can buy any standard equipment at the list price,
* Spell casters may construct spell scrolls,
* Hirelings (including mercenaries) can be sought,
* Etc. (we can discuss whatever other activities you might want to try).
* Don't forget that a reasonable amount of "rest" is presumed, and is in fact necessary!
* Due to my having insufficient time I'd now like players to be responsible for tracking their own XP
. You can divide the treasure (and thus the XP) anyway you see fit, and I'll ask Ehiker to post a final XP distribution summary to ensure everyone is on the same page. I'll still be about to answer questions and make rulings of course
We already have a few players intentions posted since your arrival in town (great work!) but could I ask everyone to please summarise their week of town time in the context of the above (even if it means re-posting an action you have already described)?
May your time in Manfred's Bastion be fruitful!