(029) Return to Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:07 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Holdfasts
danhem wrote:"I wonder if either of us have the silver tongue necessary for this task," he says to Victor. "Besides, I don't trust most of these locals any more than I trust the goblins. Let's head back to the others. Perhaps we can find a way to hide most of the silver on our person and stash the copper somewhere to retrieve later."
Ulric looks at the scarred, grubby, unshaven visage of Victor, arguably the roughest hewn fighting-Man he has ever laid eyes upon. Victor unceremoniously hacks up a vile spit-ball and slags it out upon the ground.

"What?" he growls like an offended wolf when he realises Ulric is looking at him.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:55 pm

(029) Return to Ket

danhem wrote:
"Don't worry Victor," Ulric says calmly to the warrior. "I was not excluded myself in that assessment. But let's try one more farm on our way back to the others and we'll see if we can do better than the last one."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 pm

(029) Return to Ket

tonneau wrote:
"And another here good chap!" calls Gustave after the departing barman.

"Yes, it seems that town has not completely gone to the dogs, but we also need to procure ourselves a means of obfuscating our colleagues cephalic delima before we return", he explains to Koch, adding "err...buy a cloak to hide the hobbits noggin" when the other man's face goes blank.

"But, as you most wisely note, first things first..." he finishes with a broad grin as the foaming pints arrive.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:04 pm

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
A Mile Outside Ket

Desmond/Mondes and the remainder of the company await their fellows some way outside of Ket.

From where they sit, perched upon the road-side they command a wide view of Ket and the surrounding farm-lands. It does appear that the smoke pall issuing from Ket has subsided, and most of the folk are returning to their agriculture.

rleduc wrote:Guntrum looks anxiously up and down the road for either Ulric or Gustave, keeping watch for any travelers on the road that are taking too much note of the group.
Guntram takes a watch, but finds that nobody seems particularly interested in you, but despite this Wibert laboriously moves all the treasure sacks further off the road and hides then under a copse of shrub and brambles.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric and Victor; The Holdfasts
danhem wrote:"Don't worry Victor," Ulric says calmly to the warrior. "I was not excluded myself in that assessment. But let's try one more farm on our way back to the others and we'll see if we can do better than the last one."
"Bumpkins," mutters the farmer under his breath as Ulric and Victor turn to walk, rather wearily it must be said, back toward their fellows, veering more or less directly away from the direction of "The Trevors".

The next farm plot the pair encounters is much like the last; a pair of mud stone hovels with straw and thatch roofs stand amid several fields of vegetable crops. It appears that the farm folk are finishing up for the day, hauling baskets of produce back to the homestead, and herding chickens and animals into the barn for the evening.

The muddy folk observe Ulric and Victor approaching...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:02 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gustave, Dieter, Koch; The Plough and Furrow

Three great tankards of cool ale are plonked upon the bench before the three, and none of them can resist its call.

The flavour is hoppy and sweet, the foam veritably popping and snapping beneath their noses as the take a deep, well earn draft of the startlingly good beverage.

"Now THAT" declares Koch enthusiastically, "is an ale worth talking to!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:09 am

(029) Return to Ket

tonneau wrote:
Gustave sucks deeply on the pint, somewhat surprised at the new, and not entirely unpleasant sensation of a foamy beard.

"Now my good man" he calls out to the barman, "about those cigars...3 i think" he adds, looking around at his companions.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:33 pm

(029) Return to Ket

coffee wrote:
"Yes, three," Dieter says looking up from his ale.

"And we'll need ham sandwiches, about 30 of them, for our comrades."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:20 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:A Mile Outside Ket

Desmond/Mondes and the remainder of the company await their fellows some way outside of Ket.

From where they sit, perched upon the road-side they command a wide view of Ket and the surrounding farm-lands. It does appear that the smoke pall issuing from Ket has subsided, and most of the folk are returning to their agriculture.
"Looks like the fire has died down." Olaf comments, "Maybe that's what's taking our friends so long."
rleduc wrote:Guntrum looks anxiously up and down the road for either Ulric or Gustave, keeping watch for any travelers on the road that are taking too much note of the group.
Guntram takes a watch, but finds that nobody seems particularly interested in you, but despite this Wibert laboriously moves all the treasure sacks further off the road and hides then under a copse of shrub and brambles.
"Don't bury it too well, Wibert, we'll just have to dig it out when we carry it into the city." Olaf says from his rock. The young fighter with the good eyesight looks toward the farming areas to see if he can spy Victor and/or Ulric walking around over there.

"If it gets close to dark, I'm going to head into the town." Olaf again grumbles, "No way I'm staying out here tonight when a warm bed is right there within sight."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:14 am

(029) Return to Ket

danhem wrote:
"Hello there!" Ulric calls out to the farmers. "We are looking for some friends of ours, the Huberts. Could you direct us to their farm?"

Return to “Hinterlands”