(066) Vulfenlund

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Merctime » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:30 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"A Doppel... Hmm." Dhren's hand scratches his chin at that comment, too. "I've not heard of such a thing yet. It changes shape, Hmm?" With a quick shake of his head to dispel the thought and return to the here-and-now, he returns Highbough's introduction to him.

"A pleasure to meet you, brother, I am Hiridhren. Friends and colleagues simply call me 'Dhren'. If you fellows don't mind, I'd like to accompany you in your searching; Perhaps answers to what I also seek lay within this place."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:03 am

Those looking at the bass relief see simplified representations of figures | somewhat reminiscent of the hieroglyphic style of ancient Egypt | about six to nine inches in scale. Small objects are implied by shapes rather than carved in detail, so the "thin sticks" carried by the figures nearest to (and facing away from) the central circle could be almost anything; snakes, arrows, boards? The art is smoothed with age and lacks sufficient detail to positively identify the item in question.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:43 am

Desmond climbs up onto the dais to examine the walls on either side of the central circle. Before he steps on it, he examines the floor there to see if he can note anything about it - footprints, discoloured stones or slightly raised stones, wear marks of any kind.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Wen would comment on the art. "It appears old, which would mean it was here when the Sisters of Mercy had control of the Abbey. That's seems, well, odd."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:33 pm

mgtremaine wrote:Wen would comment on the art. "It appears old, which would mean it was here when the Sisters of Mercy had control of the Abbey. That's seems, well, odd."
Dorgan replies "So this place was built by elves, taken over by werewolves, and then unknowingly overbuilt by Sisters of Mercy? Crazy, mixed-up world we live in.

In other news, I'm gonna check out that spiral staircase back a ways. Who's with me?"
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Eris » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:48 pm

sully wrote:
mgtremaine wrote:Wen would comment on the art. "It appears old, which would mean it was here when the Sisters of Mercy had control of the Abbey. That's seems, well, odd."
Dorgan replies "So this place was built by elves, taken over by werewolves, and then unknowingly overbuilt by Sisters of Mercy? Crazy, mixed-up world we live in.

In other news, I'm gonna check out that spiral staircase back a ways. Who's with me?"
"Spiral staircase?" Olaf asks, "Doesn't look like anything is happening here. Why don't we all go check them out. This thing...whatever it is....will still be here when we get back, right?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by Merctime » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:52 pm

"It would seem you've plenty of my ilk to assist with the pictograms on the walls and cylinder, if any of you are still of interest in checking them over. I'll provide martial assistance for the forray over to the spiral staircase."

Dhren moves over to a flanking side of anyone who might be moving towards the stairs, hand near sword-hilt and at the ready.

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Merctime wrote: Dhren moves over to a flanking side of anyone who might be moving towards the stairs, hand near sword-hilt and at the ready.
| Here is the current marching order...
http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 244#p19244
Just indicate where you might best fit in and we can try to adjust accordingly.

Honestly, we probably need to pull the two inactives out of that and stick the two other new players into it, as well. |
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:25 pm

"Of course, the symbols are only backwards when viewed from this side, heh," observes Highbough. "Now let's go explore that cellar. Perhaps we will solve the mystery of Nizzib!"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Merctime » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:30 pm

ehiker133 wrote:| Here is the current marching order...
http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 244#p19244
Just indicate where you might best fit in and we can try to adjust accordingly.

Honestly, we probably need to pull the two inactives out of that and stick the two other new players into it, as well. |
| as only a moderate AC fighting-type, I might work well either near the front or rear of the column; But perhaps not the very front or rear. The ability to break off from the line and hide to ambush would be useful. Perhaps, for the 2x2 order, I could move up to the second or down to the fifth rank? Any opposition?

For single-file, perhaps between Wen and Deiter or Josiane and Dorgan? Keep in mind, Dhren has no ranged capabilities. He can fight, and hold torches :D |

Return to “Hinterlands”