(021) Vegetable Soup

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 03, 2011 6:36 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

tombowings wrote:
"I will take first watch," motions Pelenwin, holding his pole axe at the ready.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 03, 2011 7:02 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

eris wrote:
"As all the watches seem to be covered, I'll just sleep through the night." Olaf says adding with a chuckle, "Now, don't wake me up unless monsters start pounding on the doors."

With that said, Olaf will undress and try to dry his clothing and gear. He will try to find a warm place near the fire, wrap up and get warm and dry.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 03, 2011 10:40 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote:Is it time to deploy caltrops, trammel the doors, and seal us in for the night?
I believe it is.

There are three doors into the mess hall; 1) from the kitchen, 2) from the courtyard, 3) from the stair-well.

Which order will Highbough attempt to trammel the doors in?

And where does he wish to deploy the caltrops?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 03, 2011 10:53 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

mushgnome wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote:Is it time to deploy caltrops, trammel the doors, and seal us in for the night?
I believe it is.

There are three doors into the mess hall; 1) from the kitchen, 2) from the courtyard, 3) from the stair-well.

Which order will Highbough attempt to trammel the doors in?

And where does he wish to deploy the caltrops?
Curious to hear others' thoughts but I think we should deploy caltrops where they're most likely to be stepped on, which in my opinion would be the courtyard and near the stairwell.

Likewise the priority for trammeling should be courtyard, stairwell, kitchen, I think.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 03, 2011 11:09 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
Do you want to put the caltrops outside the mess hall, or inside?

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 12:31 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

tonneau wrote:
Gustave stuffs down some of Wiberts gruel, a task of clearly minimal pleasure if the contorted expression on his face is anything to go by.

"cghh...perhaps not your finest, my dear Wibert", he manages between gulps, "but one cannot make cassioulet with mud and stones."

"I dare say", he adds with a half grin, "it can't possibly make me feel any worse."

Wiping the clinging grey goo from his lip, he then returns to his mouldy blanketted corner and, removing his heavy hauberk, collapses once again into a wheezing slumber.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 2:06 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

danhem wrote:
Ulric picks at the gray gruel then thinks better of it.

"I agree Highbough. Let's spread the caltrops outside the doors leading to the stairwell and courtyard. But I wonder if we should seal ourselves in here. Once you seal the doors with your clever enchantment, will we be able to open them to get out if we have to? Say if someone sets fire to the mess hall?"

"I also think we should have more than one person per watch. I'll stand on first watch with Pelenwin and Wibert. That should at least give my bedroll some time to dry out."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 2:33 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
Highbough distributes the clatrops outside the courtyard and stair-wells doors, and then prepares to trammel the courtyard door... he conjures the stabbing phrases and fierce punctuations of the Infernal tongue and claws back the memory of the correct phrases from his fatigued mind...

(1d6=1!) but alas, he cannot complete the enchantment, the complex threads and paraphrases cannot be recalled to his tongue and the magic fizzles before it ever really goes anywhere.

Highbough will have to study The Infernal Amicus tomorrow morning when his mind is refreshed.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 2:35 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
Wibert, Pelenwin and Ulric take up the first watch while everyone else settles in for some fireside kip. Outside, the rain continues to pelt the walls, and the wind continues to moan... 'tis a good night to be indoors...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 8:24 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
(1d6)

The wind and the rain continue, and the temperature outsides drops. But inside the mess hall all is comfortably warm, and relatively dry despite the persistent leaks in the roof.

Time wiles away slowly, and eventually Pelenwin moves to wake Dieter and Victor for the second watch, and Ulric stokes the fire and adds another log from the store.

The first watch climb into their bed-rolls to get some well earned rest, while Dieter and Victor take up the night duty...

Return to “Hinterlands”