(021) Vegetable Soup

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:00 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

Professor P wrote:
KOCH

"Excellent grub again Wibert, thank you, I'm feeling much better," KOCH says as he rubs the wound on his chest.

Addressing Dieter and the 'other' group,"A while back we heard a sound, like a porticullis dropping. Was that you guys?"

At hearing Wibert's comment about cellar, "Did you say cellar? Did this cellar have manacles? That was were I was held. It lead to a cavern adjacent to the gatehouse that Nidhogg and I used to escape. There were many other small tunnels as well. I wonder if Saxxon's men are hiding in there... I also wonder what happened to Nidhogg, I hope he's ok..." KOCH says with worry.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:33 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

danhem wrote:
Ulric rests briefly but then start to move around the room.

"We should send a team out to get Victor and Boris and bring the cart here. Unless we just want to leave, then we can pick them up on the way back to Ket."

"We found nothing but dust and trash in our brief exploration. Old spears and crates filled dusty, fancy clothes. Did you fellows find anything valuable?"

Ulric continues to pace.

"We need to decide what to do next. My vote is for returning to Ket. We already have more treasure than we can carry."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:49 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

mushgnome wrote:
"I have never been to this place called Ket," admits Highbough. "Are there others of my kind? Are there places for the study of Magic?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:51 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond replies, "I've only found that small lock... Oh! That reminds me!"

Desmond rummages through his pack and pulls an object out.

"Here, Dieter. Your crowbar."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:38 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

eris wrote:
"We need to go get Victor and Boris and the cart." Olaf agrees, "I think it might be best to return to Ket, too, but not before we rest up and do some repairs on the cart. If we can."

"Can we open and close the porticullis?" Olaf asks, "Maybe try temporarily blocking the stairs to the tunnels below?"

"Spend the night here and leave for Ket tomorrow?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

coffee wrote:
"Thanks," Dieter says, taking his crowbar back. Then he stands

"On top of that meal, I feel like I could march back to Ket tonight! I'd rather not stay here, anyway, not with those guys that waylaid Koch still here.

"Besides, I've had enough of separating into smaller groups. I say we rejoin our comrades (and out loot) and start back."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:01 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

eris wrote:
Olaf asks, "Who has the map? Let's take a look at it."

Once the map is laid out on the table he leans over and puts his finger tip at the location of the 'bridge' that crosses the river, "Would you all say that we are here, yes?"

"Well, it doesn't make sense for there to have been a bridge like this without a road leading to it at one time, right?" Olaf continues tracing his fingertip east across the map to the old road alone which the party traveled after leaving Ket, "It would seem logical that the remains of such a road should head east from here back to the road to Ket connecting to it somewhere along here."

"We have a heavily loaded cart without a horse. If we're going to try to provide the horsepower ourselves, then pulling it along a road, even a bad one, would be preferable to trying to haul it back the way we came." Olaf says, "I'm not happy about staying here for the night, but I think it might be better to do it and leave early in the morning."

"For the rest of today, gather Victor, Boris and the cart, make any repairs we can." Olaf frowns, "Maybe have a small party scout out to the east to see if there *is* a road, or the remains of one?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:25 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

tombowings wrote:
"Agreed, " says Pelenwin to Olaf. " I would rather sleep here than in the wilderness, but I few injuries and offer to lead the scouting expedition."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:17 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

danhem wrote:
eris wrote:"For the rest of today, gather Victor, Boris and the cart, make any repairs we can." Olaf frowns, "Maybe have a small party scout out to the east to see if there *is* a road, or the remains of one?"
"That is a good plan," Ulric says after studying the map. "Leaving first thing in the morning might be best. I doubt we're any safer in this gatehouse than in the wilderness, however. We should keep a double watch and pile as much as we can on the trapdoors. Has anyone scouted the other two towers? If not we should see if they lead below as well."

"After that we can send out a few of the strongest to help bring the cart back with Victor and Boris while the rest of us set about making this place more secure. Once they're back we can do some scouting. I don't think we should split into more than two groups."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:04 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

ehiker133 wrote:
Still looking a bit pale, Desmond pips, "If you don't mind, I'll stay here and help secure the fort for the evening. Still not fully recovered from that gas."

Return to “Hinterlands”