(014) The Ravine

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:49 pm

(014) The Ravine

Guest wrote:
(OOC I was under the impression there were more enemies. Great map. If this map represents all the enemy combatants I'll fight the guy next to me. IF not off to the door.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:05 pm

(014) The Ravine

eris wrote:
OOC: Olaf is closer to the door than the ravine floor, so he will want to move the chest back inside and then come back out to fight. He'll use his bow from the height of the stairs. If Olaf can't carry/drag that chest back inside, he'll have to drop it where he is. He'll still use his bow from the top of the stairs rather than trying to push the people in front of him aside to get down to the ravine below. He won't fire directly into melee, though, he's not going to chance hitting one of his own people with a stray arrow, so he will pick one of the Knaves...the nearest un-engaged one.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:14 pm

(014) The Ravine

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:If Olaf can't carry/drag that chest back inside, he'll have to drop it where he is.
He could easily drop the chest and kneel behind it for cover. It is approximately 2ft high and 3ft wide and plenty solid enough, after all.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:17 pm

(014) The Ravine

waysoftheearth wrote:
[img]defaultavatar.png[/img]/post/60548/threadNov 18, 2010 16:49:47 GMT -6 @ghostofmarx said:(OOC I was under the impression there were more enemies. Great map. If this map represents all the enemy combatants I'll fight the guy next to me. IF not off to the door.)

It is still dark beyond the lantern/torch light, so you can't be sure exactly how many knaves there are.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:35 pm

(014) The Ravine

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:If Olaf can't carry/drag that chest back inside, he'll have to drop it where he is.
He could easily drop the chest and kneel behind it for cover. It is approximately 2ft high and 3ft wide and plenty solid enough, after all.
That's what Olaf will do then! Drop chest, kneel, arm self with bow let loose arrows at the Knaves!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 pm

(014) The Ravine

tonneau wrote:
Unable to perform any ranged attack, Gustave retreats into the cover of the door, keeping an eye on the party's rear.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:03 am

(014) The Ravine

danhem wrote:
With no targets for his fire, Ulric gets low and retreats toward the door.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am

(014) The Ravine

waysoftheearth wrote:
Mads, Andaros, how do you respond to the ambush?

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:27 am

(014) The Ravine

coffee wrote:
How far down is it to the ravine floor?

I'm guessing it'll be tough to get past the rest of the party ahead of me, but Dieter has heard the Ogre and it will be really tough to get him to go back inside (or play pack mule) until that vile creature is dead.

If I can't get past my comrades, my instinct would be to scramble down the slope so I can get at the Ogre faster...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 am

(014) The Ravine

waysoftheearth wrote:
coffee wrote:How far down is it to the ravine floor?

I'm guessing it'll be tough to get past the rest of the party ahead of me, but Dieter has heard the Ogre and it will be really tough to get him to go back inside (or play pack mule) until that vile creature is dead.

If I can't get past my comrades, my instinct would be to scramble down the slope so I can get at the Ogre faster...
The embankment is about 15ft high at the door. It should be possible, though perhaps risky, to scramble/slide down it.

But then again... Dieter possesses The Ring of Gambado does he not...?

Return to “Hinterlands”