(004) The Dunjon Door

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:06 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
Though starting to feel a bit chilly, Rodrick remains in dedicated prayer until Thuul is appeased.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 am

(004) The Dunjon Door

waysoftheearth wrote:
Satisfied that there is no immediate danger, Anwyn and the dunjon crew turn about and retreat the way they came.

Despite their brave showing, they are all relieved to see the pale evening light -- which though it is gloomy and overcast, seems dazzlingly bright compared to below -- and to feel fresh air on their faces as they ascend the stair.

Climbing further, they rejoin the remainder of the party on the burnt out first floor, where Rodrick is concluding his prayers.

The first floor is drafty, and a steady patter of light rain can be heard on the outer wall -- some rain is blowing in through the north and west arrow slit windows, and dripping in through the trap door, above.

The dunjoneers soon relate their findings to their companions, and all agree that, with little light left in the day, it would be a good time to settle in for the evening.

Gentlemen, your plans for the night?

The first floor of the tower is only accessible via the stair up from the ground floor, the stair down from the roof, and the four arrow-slit window. The windows can be shuttered, and the roof trap-door can be closed.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

danhem wrote:
Ulric is happy to be out of the keep's dungeon. Something is not quite right down there, he thinks to himself.

"I'll go gather some wood for a small fire," Ulric announces when they are back amongst the warriors. "There must be some dry kindling down there sheltered from the rain. Our night will be much more restful if we at least have a small fire going. We might need to keep that trap door open to clear the smoke, but we should get those shutters closed. The dampness won't help our wounded."

Ulric heads down to the courtyard looking for some kindling and firewood, but still wary for danger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:32 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

eris wrote:
Olaf shutters the arrow slit he was looking out of and slumps down next to the wall and pulls his cloak tighter around him. He tries to rest.

"A small fire would be good." he agrees with Ulric, "We need to keep a watch tonight. The hobgoblins are down there in the dungeons, whether you found them or not, and in the darkness, they may well emerge and attack."

Olaf looks around the room and adds, "If the table isn't completely consumed by fire it might make a good barricade to put in front of the stairs coming up from the ground floor. From behind it we would have some protection as we fired our arrows and sling stones down the stairs into any attackers from below."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:03 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
"We should set of a watch schedule. I'd say two per two hour watch. Anyone up for first watch with me?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

TheMyth wrote:
Anwyn offers to take the last watch.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

eris wrote:
tombowings wrote:"We should set of a watch schedule. I'd say two per two hour watch. Anyone up for first watch with me?"
"I can certainly keep my eyes open for the next two hours." Olaf says, "But beyond shouting out a warning I might not be able to do much."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

tombowings wrote:
"That will be enough, my friend. A warning and rousing of allies is a boon in the field of battle, and my arms of fresh. That is two marks to turn the side of battle."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:38 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

Harry wrote:
Taines turns to Olaf "Rest Olaf and regain your strength fer tomorra, I'll take the first shift and the last so you can sleep through"

Taines spends his watch moving between the northern and western arrow slits, opening the shutters just enough to spy upon the area below.

(Taines extinguishs his helmet lantern, unshoulders his back pack leaving him with just his armour, axe and shield - and his kilt - Taines is finding the open areas very breezy up his kilt)

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 pm

(004) The Dunjon Door

eris wrote:
[img]defaultavatar.png[/img]/post/48316/threadApr 19, 2010 14:38:00 GMT -6 @jharris said:Taines turns to Olaf "Rest Olaf and regain your strength fer tomorra, I'll take the first shift and the last so you can sleep through"
"Thank you, good dwarf." Olaf says, "I won't argue with you about it today, but at some future time, I will repay your favor."

Olaf will then proceed to rest/sleep and recover from his injuries as much as possible.

Return to “Hinterlands”