(034) A Spring Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond sits on the floor by Gustave and relays the events of the trip down the secret stairs.

"... it's fairly tight quarters in there, but there is a room and... more. Saw some old crates, but didn't get a chance to investigate them because Dorgan saw a sizeable giant centipede nearby. Mondes and I spotted several holes high up in the ceiling that could hold who knows how many more of them."

Desmond shivers.

"Oi, I hate the thought of those creepy things living down below us. But," he glances down at the cobwebs and dust covering his new armour, "it should be noted that it does not appear any recent human-type activity was evident. If we can clear it out, we might be able to keep the dungeon useable as a wine cellar and turn this secret area into something... else."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:28 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
danhem wrote: "You will need to inform our servants as to who the masters of this household are, since you and Olaf appear to be the only ones on the contract with the Concourse. "

(OOC; Ulric has it correct. It was Dieter and Olaf who spent days tramping across town with the concourse realtor, and ultimately established the lease with the concourse, while the rest of the company was preoccupied with their other concerns...)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Ballroom

Josiane, Gustave, Dorgan, Desmond/Mondes, Highbough are here. Guntram is closing one door of the great double door, and blocking the other.
doctorx wrote:Once she is inside, Josiane makes straight for the ballroom, practically colliding with Guntrum as he is coming out.

Once appraised of the situation, she whispers to him urgently; "Don't let the Goblins see what we've discovered! Keep them out of the ballroom! Politely, please," she adds as an after-thought.

She then heads into the ballroom, closing the door behind her. Ignoring Gustave as he lounges on the floor, resplendent in his indolence, she crosses swiftly to the open portal. Can she fit through it, being somewhat smaller than her fellows?

If she can, she will squeeze through and go in search of the others (firing up one of her torches if no light source is visible within). If not she stands anxiously at the opening, listening for any sound of what may be occurring below...
Fortunately, Josiane has no need to go tunneling, for Highbough, Desmond/Mondes (the latter complaining bitterly), and Dorgan are returning from the tunnel as she arrives.

(Josiane thinks she might be able to squeeze into the tunnel without any armour on...)

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:42 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Kitchen

Dieter follows Bennug into the kitchen, where the rest of the Goblins are busy checking every cupboard, shelf, pantry and cellar space.

They report the sum of their findings to Piganne, who grumpily makes an inventory of the supplies, and eventually reports to Dieter.

"The pantries are all but bare," she complains, checking her list. "You have four pounds of old onions, a half gallon of cooking oil, a pound of unground flour (with weevils), and six unlabelled bottles of red wine." she lists off like a bickering grandmother. Of a Goblin.

"If Sir wishes to eat tonight," she nags on, "He might consider sending someone to the market with coin for supplies,"

Bennug raises an eyebrow, then says, "How many does Sir expect for dinner?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 pm

doctorx wrote:
"Close the door quickly!" Josiane whispers urgently to her friends; "The servants have arrived and they are Goblins! I think it best they know nothing of this discovery."

Once the door is shut she collapses onto the floor, wiping her brow. This is proving a most challenging morning...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:17 pm

mushgnome wrote:
doctorx wrote:"Close the door quickly!" Josiane whispers urgently to her friends; "The servants have arrived and they are Goblins! I think it best they know nothing of this discovery."
"GOBLINS???"

Highbough liked the centipede much better.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:39 pm

tonneau wrote:
"Why thankyou for the intelligence my somewhat hydra-like friend", says Gustave with a grin upon being updated by Desmond/Mondes. "This day holds many interesting developments indeed", he adds, sucking slowly on the remnants of his cigar as the sounds of winging goblins drifts to them from the direction of the kitchen and Josiane collapses to the ground beside them in a most unladylike cacophony of mail and arms.

"I simply can't wait for the evening session...", he muses squint-eyed through a fresh plume of blue smoke.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:38 am

mushgnome wrote:
"They mustn't see me," whispers Highbough. He pulls his hood covering his pointy ears.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:43 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond looks alarmed, "The help is all goblins?" He quickly pulls the hood of his over-sized cloak up over their hydrous heads.

"Well..." he ponders in a low voice after a minute of silence, "Maybe we can just make sure they leave after dinner and that's when we can explore. The passage might not be big enough for brutish men in their shining armour," he glances at Gustave, "but there is space enough to put it on in the first room at the bottom of the stairs. Though, I'm not sure how many people we'll be able to get down there at once and still be able to easily fight... things."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:50 pm

sulldawga wrote:
Dorgan chimes in at this point.

"It's a very tight space down there. I've got no problem with a spell or two flyin' over me head but it's too small for bows, in me opinion. Plus I've heard that the touch of a centipede's tentacles can cause a person ta lose control a' their body. We should have someone strong in the back ready to drag a person out if'n they collapse."

Return to “Hinterlands”