(045) Crags and Foothills

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 am

rleduc wrote:
"Nowt with you, friend," calls Guntrum warily, his hand on his sword hilt. "We've just come over the hill. Sorry to disturb your nap; we don't intend trouble, but if you're looking for it, then you'll find it soon enough."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:48 am

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:For the moment, all that Envongr spies are two Men atop the ridge that overlooks the plaza. One carries a bow, and both are well armed. They are about 100ft away and up slope. He has no idea that they might be accompanied by others.

For the moment, all that Olaf and Guntram spy is a well built fellow with a pick-axe. He might be a miner or prospector... but he wears a helm and a coat of ringmail. Curiously, there is an owl perched upon his pack.
Olaf takes a half step back and waves a hand behind his back, then puts 1 finger down to indicate that there is one person ahead.

"Howdy, stranger!" Olaf calls down to the man with a friendly tone in his voice, "This is a strange place to be taking a nap. Are you alone? Do you need help?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:53 am

eris wrote:
rleduc wrote:"Nowt with you, friend," calls Guntrum warily, his hand on his sword hilt. "We've just come over the hill. Sorry to disturb your nap; we don't intend trouble, but if you're looking for it, then you'll find it soon enough."
"Now, now, Guntrum." Olaf says, "I'm sure this fellow doesn't intend us any trouble. He's just surprised."

Olaf calmly nocks an arrow and steps to the side so this fellow can't charge both Guntrum and himself at the same time, but continues to talk in a calm friendly tone, "Out here in the wilderness all us men need to stick together, right? Better to make friends and hang together rather than hang separately, right?"

"My name's Olaf. What's your name, friend?"

Olaf won't shoot his arrow at this man unless he comes charging up at them, but he's being wary...friendly, but wary. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 am

sirravd wrote:
"You€“€“I woke here. Perhaps something in the fountain...? I don't...I don't know. Who€“€“I know some of it, but I feel like I've forgotten something...Where is this? Who€“-what are you doing here?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm

doctorx wrote:
Josiane cranes her neck, trying to see what is occurring ahead, but the backs of her comrades obscures her view.

"Good Dorgan, will you be so kind as to attend to Murphy, please?" she asks her friend; "If someone is hurt I may be able to assist."

If Dorgan or another is willing to mind the mule she will attempt to move forward and see what the trouble is.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 pm

sirravd wrote:
Envongr, a bit calmer now, explains that he awoke by the fountain with no memory of what he was doing there€“€“only that he has a vague memory of "chasing something€“€“something very important."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am

eris wrote:
sirravd wrote:Envongr, a bit calmer now, explains that he awoke by the fountain with no memory of what he was doing there€“€“only that he has a vague memory of "chasing something€“€“something very important."
"Well, you're out in the wilderness, a good day from the nearest town...Ket." Olaf says.

The tall thin warrior turns and waves the rest of the party forward saying, "One confused man up here. I don't think he's a danger to us."

Olaf will un-nock the arrow and start down the slope toward the plaza, "There might be something in the water of that well. We've run into things like that out here before."

"Here." Olaf will hold out his water skin to Envongr, "Clean and fresh from a running stream. It might help clear your head."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:12 am

sirravd wrote:
Envongr looks for a running stream; if he finds one, he will comply.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:51 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
There is no running water in sight, or hearing, of the cobbled little plateau.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:54 am

sirravd wrote:
Envongr drinks from the water-skin€“€“just a sip, not enough to empty it.

Return to “Hinterlands”