Publishing Delving Deeper related material

Maps, worlds, dungeons, towns, and other fun

Post by Josh K. » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:52 am

Publishing Delving Deeper related material

Hello to All,

I am relatively new to this forum and still figuring it out. I am not however, new to Delving Deeper and have loved and utilized that work for years. Because of that love I am working on an adventure module that I hope to eventually put up for sale on Drivethru RPG and/or Lulu. I am wondering the legality and what,if any, special permissions I may need to include the Delving Deeper name and "logo" in that work? I do realize that I can just say something like "compatible with the original edition of the worlds most popular rpg," but I am wanting to bring a bit more attention specifically to Delving Deeper. Along the same subject, I have one more question. Last year I wrote "A Delving Deeper Companion," and put it up for free in PDF form on the Delving Deeper FRPG Facebook group page as well as a couple others dedicated to Original Dungeons and Dragons. It is basically a work including most of the material from the first three supplements to OD&D as well as the classes from the Strategic Review plus rules on barony rulership, underworld hexcrawling, and more for those interested in such things. So far it has received a lot of positive feedback. I am playing with the idea of putting an OGL friendly version of it also onto Drivethru and Lulu. So I have much the same question as to using the Delving Deeper name "logo" etc. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:46 pm

Re: Publishing Delving Deeper related material

Hi Josh,
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your interest in supporting DD.

It's great to hear about your DD-related works, and the first thing I would suggest is that we arrange between us for a link to your materials from here, or even distributing (a copy of) your materials directly from the DD Supplements area of this forum.

Regarding the use of the formal "Delving Deeper" title, clearly that's a key element of the IP that is DD... so, that's something I'll have to think through a little bit more. Perhaps you can send me an email (hover over my forum user name) explaining a bit more about what you're doing? Thanks Josh.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Josh K. » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:36 am

Good Morning,

Thank you for your response. I am absolutely happy to post any and all of my current and future work here on this forum....once I figure out how. My "A Delving Deeper Companion," isn't currently OGL friendly but has been made available for free on the Delving Deeper FRPG Facebook site and a couple other places basically as a set of house rules. I have an OGL friendly version about half done but wanted to ask my questions here before investing more time in it and putting it out to the public for sale on Drivethru or Lulu. I have tried to put the PDF up here but for some reason it isn't working. Any tips? I am also more than happy to email you. Unfortunately, I can say that I am very new to this forum and haven't figured out all the nuances. When I hover over your user name the "contact you" portion is blank. I will go ahead and give my email here hikerjack9@gmail.com.

Thanks again for your time,

Josh K.
Last edited by Josh K. on Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Josh K. » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:53 am

ERROR
Invalid file extension: A Delving Deeper Companion. version 2.1.pdf

The above statement is what I keep encountering when I try to attach post A Delving Deeper Companion for your review. Obviously, I am doing something wrong. Is there a better way to go about it?

Thanks again for your time,
Josh K.

Return to “Supplements and Adventures!”