The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by Scottenkainen » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:13 am

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Beppo was confused by these humans. While most of the village hated them, these humans at the inn seemed to really like hobbets. They were welcomed like ordinary people. Or did they welcome hobbets because they themselves weren't ordinary people? These humans kept talking about things like "wraps" in tandem with offering lots of salads. Beppo had the sneaky suspicion they thought hobbets were related to rabbits...

Just in case they were fattening the hobbets up to eat them, Beppo asked for a room with a window for a quick escape. And sometimes he didn't even sleep in his room, just to throw them off.

One day, he went out to the moneychanger's with his share of the loot. Apparently the moneychanger liked hobbets too, as long as they had lots of money! Beppo came out with 9 sp, 10 ep, 30 gp, 3 10 gp gems, and 1 100 gp gem. But where to stash it?

He went in search of the other hobbets to see what they were doing about keeping their loot safe. If he couldn't find anyone else, he would ask at the pancake house.

Post by mushgnome » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:11 pm

Beppo asks around, and everyone gives him the same advice: The best way to carry his loot is something like a fancy ring or necklace, that has high value but negligible encumbrance.

Robur searches the cellar and finds a keg of high-quality mead, it says "special brew"! Robur refills his empty mead skins, goes back to his room, and drifts off to sleep with a pleasant buzz.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:13 pm

January 6

It's a bright sunny morning. The temperatures are hovering just above freezing. Looks like more of the snow could melt today.

Our Hobbet Heroes wake feeling refreshed (and restored to full hit points).

What is the plan for today? Back to the Dungeon?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by kipper » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:25 pm

OOC: The Dame has a lot of things she could do around town, but personally I prefer Dungeon-delving to town-crawling so my vote is the dungeon!

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:53 pm

Kiplyn is all for heading down into the dungeon. "Cleaning rooms, and haggling over bills is fine for some people but I'd think I much rather sneak around in the dark looking for something shinny."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:49 pm

To recap what the party has learned about Hornpipe 2.0:

* The Village Elder has bestowed full rights of citizenship on all Hobbets. There will be a council meeting on the new moon to discuss new business. (If we time it right, the party could hit 'name' level right about then.)
* The Druid is another powerful ally. He lets other druids sleep in his lodge but expects a gift or offering from all visitors.
* The Inn is under new management, and the new owners seem borderline incompetent. PCs can stay at the Inn for 1gp/night, but don't expect luxury service.
* All dungeon treasure (such as the chess set and the electrum ingots) has been converted to fungible currency of the player's choice. Future transactions will be at a 10% conversion rate.
* Thanks to Robur, the party has a secret supply of high-quality mead.
* There's a new Dentist in town.
* There are three NPCs potentially interested in joining the party for the next delve: Ginger, Douglas, and Fiona.
* Ginger has agreed to waive any standard payment or treasure-share. She asks only for mineral rights. Ginger is hoping to find a vein of precious metal and set up shop in town as a blacksmith.
* Douglas and Fiona, I don't think we've discussed specific terms of employment.

(Did I forget anything?)

Post by Bastet1002 » Sun May 01, 2022 12:43 pm

"Douglas and Fiona, I found what I was looking for at the Inn." says Robur licking his lips dreaming about mead. "And if you say you ever need any, just whistle. Say, now I think I'm ready to stetch my legs for a little more dungeoneering. Want to come? Our Dame Simonetta is loaded and wants servants. You could work for her, or you could work for me as free adventurers and friends. How about 10% of my treasure and gold each? Very reasonable terms considering ... how you left me last time..."
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by acodispo » Mon May 02, 2022 3:10 pm

Sometimes a weird mood comes upon young Willibald Whitfoot. This was one of those times, and he disappeared for much of the day after the Club's most recent return from the dungeon.

But eventually he returns from wherever he wandered off to, cleans himself up (he's quite filthy still from mucking around belowground), and seems refreshed. He's eager to catch up on all the news about town. He seems unbothered by any changes in the town or its inhabitants.

He'll take a room at the Inn (whichever is available), and makes a note to himself to talk to the Dentist in future (he scrawls it on his palm with chalk, a questionable choice), and he makes sure to change his funds into portables (gems, a couple of rings, and a gilded monocle on a silver chain [no glass]) but right now he is ready and eager to join the next expedition!
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by rredmond » Mon May 02, 2022 3:37 pm

kipper wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:25 pm
OOC: The Dame has a lot of things she could do around town, but personally I prefer Dungeon-delving to town-crawling so my vote is the dungeon!
Agreed.
mushgnome wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:49 pm
To recap what the party has learned about Hornpipe 2.0:
We need a "notes" section :) Or is it okay bot pop this in the Character Sheets and Reference thread?
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by dtspurrier » Mon May 02, 2022 10:19 pm

Bilfur is ready to get back into the dungeon

(need to make it to 2nd level)

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”