The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by kipper » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:08 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

mushgnome wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:14 pm
The Village Elder replies, "Oh so you have met our Frederick? He is quite the character. He runs an annual pancake breakfast for charity. Frederick's contract with the Miller is a done deal, but there's no reason why you can't negotiate with him directly, and cut a deal on the side. The Miller and his wife are good, druidical people.

"My other suggestion is to talk to the Druid Ashstaff of the Grove, or the Priest Calmert at the Church of St. Cuthbert. They might know of any families in their congregation who are taking in boarders. I have faith, the residents of Hornpipe are generous people and won't make you sleep out in the cold, you'll see."

"Thank you for the advice," Dame Simonetta replies, "We shall do just that. We see you are a busy, so we shall not take up more of your time. Good day for now, you may just see me at that meeting."

Dame Simonetta would like to visit the church next. OOC: It looks like we will have to walk past the Inn on our way there, so we will likely be diverted along the way!

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:34 pm

"I wonder if we could buy the Windmill, I mean... Kiplyn looks around quickly to make sure no one can hear "..we have a lot of money"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by dtspurrier » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:38 pm

bilfur says, " I would like to know more about the druid ways and also could use a teacher when I advance in power"

(OOC hopefully the money earned gives me 2nd level....)

Post by Scottenkainen » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:13 am

Bastet1002 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:44 pm
"Fiona, Douglas, Beppo," says Robur quietly to his friends. "Let's enter, but don't expect alcohol. Something is off here. Be on your guard."
Beppo shared the concern...but his thirst for booze overwhelmed his sense of caution. "I'll be glad to take a look around!" he said cheerily as he went in, but his eyes were alert and glanced everywhere.

Post by rredmond » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:22 pm

dtspurrier wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:38 pm
bilfur says, " I would like to know more about the druid ways and also could use a teacher when I advance in power"

(OOC hopefully the money earned gives me 2nd level....)
Noh agrees, "just to learn more, and understand more about the druid ways."
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mushgnome » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:54 pm

Bilfur, Noh, Ursa

(Carc asks permission to wait outside in the old oak tree?)

Druid Ashstaff invites the hobbets inside for tea. "You can ask me anything you like, about nature and the Old Way. There was a time when humans, hobbets, animals, birds, fish, all lived in harmony."

There is a black bear curled up by the fireplace! Ursa scratches it behind the ears and it seems to recognize her, greeting her with a friendly grunt.

The druid's home is warm and cozy. There is a long table with two benches for the guests. Jaroo Ashstaff pours out a pot of bark tea and serves acorn-flour biscuits. He takes his seat at the head of the table and listens to any questions Bilfur and Noh. "If you want my general advice: Nature is a web. We are all interconnected. Neutral does not mean act alone, in your own interest. Before you act, talk to your teammates, talk to your neighbors, talk to your friends, talk to your enemies. Neutral means, consider the Whole and choose actions that bring Balance and Harmony."

The Druid also gifts each of the hobbets a sprig of oak leaves from the Grove's heart-tree! It is a very generous gift. Oak leaves aren't as powerful as the hobbet-style mistletoe that you already possess, but you can feel that it does contain a lesser druidic energy. Who knows, it might give you a bonus to reaction rolls from other humans around town who follow the Old Faith. Also these oak leaves might be a potential ingredient for potion-making.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:34 pm

mgtremaine wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:34 pm
"I wonder if we could buy the Windmill, I mean... Kiplyn looks around quickly to make sure no one can hear "..we have a lot of money"
OOC: I would classify the windmill as a Small Tower (5,000gp) and then the really interesting question, what is the land worth? Assuming the miller is even willing to sell.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:20 pm

(Carc chills in the oak tree outside.)
Noh accepts the sprig of oak leaves with a bow and a smile. Interesting you say nature is a web Jaroo Ashstaff. Do you know anything of a goat that can spin webs? Is something like that known ouf in the world, and can there be more than one?
No more AC rules, yes? :)
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:49 pm

coffee wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:34 pm
mushgnome wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:49 pm
Last but not least...

Do you take this offer?

OOC: This is far more generous to the players than the module as-written. Gygax would only offer you 600gp for the chess set.
Wilbur is inclined to take this offer, but confers with his comrades first.
Dougal nods at Wilbur. "This sounds fair. We'll take it."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by dtspurrier » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:09 pm

bilfur accepts the oak mistletoe and listens to the conversation.

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”