The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:24 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Beppo and Robur:

Darby replies to Beppo's question: "The Welcome Wench went out of business. I don't know why; maybe their tacky decor?" (He points at the bonfire.) "We weren't planning our Grand Opening for a couple of weeks, but if you're hungry, I'm not going to turn you away. By any chance, are you looking for a job? We are hiring for all positions: cook, server, dishwasher, housekeeping..."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Dame Simonetta and Kiplyn:

The Village Elder replies, "Welcome to Hornpipe, we are honoured to have you, and you are welcome to join our community. Most visitors stay at the Inn. Right now, the Inn is closed for renovations but you might be able to work something out with the owner. The other person you should talk to is Frederick at the House of Pancakes. He is the unofficial leader of our Hobbet community, and, ahem, I think he is single?

"Thinking long term, you have my blessing to buy property here in Hornpipe, and become a permanent part of our community. We have a Council Meeting every new moon, to discuss important matters. You are welcome at our next council meeting, to do some networking. Off the top of my head, I don't know anyone looking to sell their property. It's too bad; you just missed your chance to buy the Inn at a bargain price."

OOC: Unfortunately the full moon was 2 nights ago, so the next council meeting isn't for 12 days.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Kiplyn scratches his head at this. "We've been living in the old Mill with Fredericks help and blessing, but the Miller is going to start using it again which is why we came to see you. We have several friends who all respectable hobbits who need a place to live also."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Dame Simonetta and Kiplyn:

The Village Elder replies, "Oh so you have met our Frederick? He is quite the character. He runs an annual pancake breakfast for charity. Frederick's contract with the Miller is a done deal, but there's no reason why you can't negotiate with him directly, and cut a deal on the side. The Miller and his wife are good, druidical people.

"My other suggestion is to talk to the Druid Ashstaff of the Grove, or the Priest Calmert at the Church of St. Cuthbert. They might know of any families in their congregation who are taking in boarders. I have faith, the residents of Hornpipe are generous people and won't make you sleep out in the cold, you'll see."

Post by dtspurrier » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:08 pm

Bilfur says, " my name is Bilfur, druid. I am not from around this area, just arrived here in town a few days ago. As a gift I offer some pipeweed that is from my homeland. It it infused with basil and mint."

(ooc take the money for the chess set)

Post by Scottenkainen » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:01 am

mushgnome wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:24 pm
Beppo and Robur:

Darby replies to Beppo's question: "The Welcome Wench went out of business. I don't know why; maybe their tacky decor?" (He points at the bonfire.) "We weren't planning our Grand Opening for a couple of weeks, but if you're hungry, I'm not going to turn you away. By any chance, are you looking for a job? We are hiring for all positions: cook, server, dishwasher, housekeeping..."
"I'd like to apply for the position of customer. Until today, no one in this village has been willing to serve a poor thirsty hobbet a pint of ale..." Beppo licked his lips expectantly...

Post by Bastet1002 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:06 am

Scottenkainen wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:01 am
mushgnome wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:24 pm
Beppo and Robur:

"I'd like to apply for the position of customer. Until today, no one in this village has been willing to serve a poor thirsty hobbet a pint of ale..." Beppo licked his lips expectantly...
"I'll have a drink inside," says Robur finally calming down and heading into the tavern with Beppo and the others while sheathing his Hobbit stiletto. "But can you tell me what's really going on here? Why does the pancake house hate the old sign and alcohol? Why the broken barrels of alcohol? Can my friends and I really drink here?"
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:34 am

Bilfur and Noh

Reaction roll: 2d6 + 3 for Ursa, Noh and Bilfur's gifts = 10, friendly

The Druid is grateful for the gifts and takes a liking to our heroes! "Would you like a tour of the Grove? We can walk and talk. I will show you my favorite trees. Then we will drink tea. Tell me: What favor would you ask of me?"

Ursa is the first to speak up: "There is something I would like to ask, O Great Jaroo: I I am looking for a few herbs, for a potion. Can I look in your collection?"

He replies, "Certainly, old friend. What about you, Bilfur and Noh? What brings you here? What can I do for you?"

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:06 am

Robur and Beppo

Darby says, "Pinch yourself, it's not a dream: You and your friends really, really can drink here. Come inside, I have just the thing to quench your thirst: a piping hot latte! I tell you what, on the house, no charge, I need the practice fine-tuning the machine. Sometimes the foam comes out a little... chunky. To answer your questions: I don't know what's going on either, we're new in town, never been to the pancake house, don't know why he hated the old owner. Mike and I were just in the middle of clearing out all the old junk that got left behind. This Inn has good bones, but the whole 'party atmosphere' decor has to go. Here at the Straight and Narrow, our motto is: In these trying times, it's important to walk the straight line and always keep a narrow mind! Mike, will you do the honors?"

Mike scoots ahead and opens the door for our guests. With a big smile, he proclaims, "Open!"

Do you enter?

Post by Bastet1002 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:44 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:06 am
Robur and Beppo

Darby says, "Pinch yourself, it's not a dream: You and your friends really, really can drink here. Come inside, I have just the thing to quench your thirst: a piping hot latte! I tell you what, on the house, no charge, I need the practice fine-tuning the machine. Sometimes the foam comes out a little... chunky. To answer your questions: I don't know what's going on either, we're new in town, never been to the pancake house, don't know why he hated the old owner. Mike and I were just in the middle of clearing out all the old junk that got left behind. This Inn has good bones, but the whole 'party atmosphere' decor has to go. Here at the Straight and Narrow, our motto is: In these trying times, it's important to walk the straight line and always keep a narrow mind! Mike, will you do the honors?"

Mike scoots ahead and opens the door for our guests. With a big smile, he proclaims, "Open!"

Do you enter?
"Fiona, Douglas, Beppo," says Robur quietly to his friends. "Let's enter, but don't expect alcohol. Something is off here. Be on your guard."
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”