The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by kipper » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:34 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Dame Simonetta cannot help but feel extremely disappointed with the news about her armour. Still, she is fatalistic enough to realise that she cannot make her own armour without Greta.

"I did not think of it that way," she says to Ginger, "I can certainly see your aunt's point of view. But these gauntlets! I cannot help but think that they are worth much more than the armour. I will accept them, but if Greta ever needs a favour, I am in her debt! As my first payment, I will see what I can do about having you along in our group. It is not entirely up to me, you understand."

"As to evidence of digging, well there was the location where I found that armour, but there was no sign of a large mine there. Some rat warrens, but I don't think that is what you're after. There was one collapsed tunnel near a cave fennec lair that we didn't open up, who knows what could be behind there."

Post by rredmond » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:31 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:24 pm
mgtremaine wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:33 am
Kiplyn looks around the restaurant a bit puzzled, sees Ursa and smiles. "You look much better Ma'am, and that's a relief.
Ursa says cheerfully, "I shape-changed into a newt! Then got stuck in the blizzard. So cold! Thank you all for saving my life. I am going to brew a special batch of potions in gratitude. The gemstone souvenir from my Free Solo Adventure is the secret ingredient!"
"Agreed, it is very good to see you up and about," Noh adds, "can Carc and I help with the brew?"
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by dtspurrier » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:56 pm

Bilfur walks in an smiles and asks, " i slept good last night but things have changed. How is everyone"

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:25 pm

"Agreed, it is very good to see you up and about," Noh adds, "can Carc and I help with the brew?"
Ursa replies, "I would love to have your help! The more hands the better. I am leaving for Home on Farmer Pebbles' return trip, and you're welcome to come with."
If Noh goes Home to help Ursa craft potions, it would mean he is unavailable for Adventures for at least 2 weeks in-game time, which is probably months of real-world time.

Do you want to roll up a second PC?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:29 pm

Bastet1002 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:07 am
"What kind of mead is there here?" calls out Robur loudly to the barkeep. "I want to buy a round of mead - make it my family's Boulderhill Mead if you have any -for everyone here!"

And he will offer up a toast with an engaging jovial smile that appears whenever he's drinking mead: "Here's to old friends, friends reunited, the esteemed Dame Simonetta, and new friends! May we all live long and have fantastic adventures!"
Frederick replies, "I'm sorry, sir, this is a family restaurant. We don't have a liquor license. If you want an 'adult beverage' then try the Inn of the Welcome Wench. It can be a little rough, so watch your back. Here, take one of these maps.

Frederick has a stack of tourist maps from the Chamber of Commerce, showing all the local businesses.

https://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopi ... 352#p31352
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:43 pm

kipper wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:34 pm
Dame Simonetta
"As to evidence of digging, well there was the location where I found that armour, but there was no sign of a large mine there. Some rat warrens, but I don't think that is what you're after. There was one collapsed tunnel near a cave fennec lair that we didn't open up, who knows what could be behind there."
Kiplyn would over hear that and nod. "It'll take some digging to get into that area but it might be worth it. I can't think of anything else we bypassed. We know where Level 4 is because someone wrote it in the sand, other then that we need a boat of something to cross the water."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:46 pm

Dougal eyes the gauntlets that Dame Simonetta has received with more than a slight hint of jealousy.

"I don't suppose your Aunt could make something for me that would be as light as leather and not make a sound? Either way, you're welcome to join our group."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:53 pm

Ginger Flint replies to both Kiplyn and Dougal:
mgtremaine wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:43 pm
Kiplyn would over hear that and nod. "It'll take some digging to get into that area but it might be worth it. I can't think of anything else we bypassed. We know where Level 4 is because someone wrote it in the sand, other then that we need a boat of something to cross the water."
"We Hobbets, as a people, that I know of, don't have a working mithril mine, anywhere in the world. Most hobbets have never even heard of mithril. If we could find an untapped vein, it would be the discovery of a lifetime. Our better bet is to search for antiques that we can melt down as scrap. Every bit counts: An rotten old fur coat with mithril buttons, for example."

This rings true to Kiplyn: He himself had never heard mention of mithril until today. None of the others had.
ehiker133 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:46 pm
Dougal eyes the gauntlets that Dame Simonetta has received with more than a slight hint of jealousy.

"I don't suppose your Aunt could make something for me that would be as light as leather and not make a sound? Either way, you're welcome to join our group."
"Indeed my Aunt wears armor just like that! And our goal is to set up shop, here in Hornpipe, as the Flint family in times of old, and smith many fine weapons and suits of armor. But the problem is more than just the raw materials. First is the lost art of making those tiny chain links. My Aunt and I have tried working with needles, tweezers, everything, and we just can't duplicate the level of craftsmanship you're talking about. Second we need the blessing of the human smiths to do business here. Maybe you all can help with this: I'm thinking, we search the Dungeon for some gaudy antique, that is culturally valuable to Humans, but worthless to Hobbets. I'm not sure what that is, but I think I'll know it when I see it. If we give the right gift to the local smiths guild, my aunt is thinking, maybe they welcome us and let us set up shop. And you can be our first customer!"

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:05 pm

Frederick smiles back at Bilfur:
dtspurrier wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:56 pm
Bilfur walks in an smiles and asks, " i slept good last night but things have changed. How is everyone"
"I have good news and bad news: The good news is that the landlord has agreed to sell the House of Pancakes to me! I will be the out-right owner, not just of the business and the building it's in, but of the land that's underneath it. The Dungeon would belong to Hobbets again, and to Adventure Club!! We won't have to be so sneaky all the time. The bad news is that the sale doesn't include the windmill where you all have been sleeping. Our former landlord, The Miller is not including it in the deal. He is stepping up grain production and needs the space back for storage. He feels sorry and has offered you a lifetime supply of large sacks, as many as you can carry, whenever you want them.

"Bilfur, you look like you would be comfortable camping in the woods, but your friends might want to find room at the Inn, or ask around about a house for rent. The Inn is about a mile west of here, you can't miss it. They have a big sign out front, depicting a human bar-maid, wearing practically nothing at all. Disgusting if you ask me. It gives this town a bad name!"

Post by mushgnome » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:15 pm

rredmond wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:31 pm
Ursa adds, "Oh sorry, did I not tell you I was leaving? My last Adventure was a huge deal for me. Time to rest on my lorrels. I am going Home to hire an Alchemist and crank out some potions. I'm not going on any more Adventures until at least after mud season. Sorry, does that disappoint you? Did you think I was coming with you?"

OOC: There is a Druid's Grove on this new map, so why don't we move Ursa to the back burner and let the Village Druid step into the story.

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”