The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:47 am

The Eighth Adventure

The Eighth Adventure

January 5, second year of the Story.

The party ascends the ladder to the surface. Our brave heroes are greeted by the welcoming aroma of Frederick's restaurant. A hot mug of tea and a stack of pancakes will be just what the doctor ordered, after the ordeal of the Dungeon!

Roll Call: Who's in? Who is coming on the next Adventure?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:18 am

Re: The Eighth Adventure

The interior of the restaurant looks different than one might remember. The room is a bit larger, the furniture is rearranged, and there's something slightly 'off' about the style of decor. The food smells different. But we'll get to that later.

More importantly, the following NPCs are present. They are all chatting and enjoying a meal together:

Ursa looks good as new! Her frostbite injuries are fully healed.

Farmer Skip Pebbles, who has just returned from his round trip journey Home, carrying a load of passengers:

Douglas and Fiona. Robur knows this pair well from his origin story. They were part of his failed prequel adventure, when the party was overwhelmed by ghouls. The Original Team met Douglas and Fiona on their First Adventure. They were riding home with the farmer just as the party was getting started. It takes a moment to recognized Douglas because, instead of a broken jaw as you last saw him, he has a nice, shiny new set of teeth!

There are also two strangers who introduce themselves:

Ginger Flint, the blacksmith's neice, of the Old Pumpkin Forge. She is a young fighter with fine-quality gear. She locks eyes with Dame Simonetta like she wants to talk later in private.

A dapper, well-dressed hobbet of Frederick and Ursa's generation. His business card reads: Dr. Toby Rabbitz, DMD. 'Our teeth are made out of teeth'
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:33 am

Kiplyn looks around the restaurant a bit puzzled, sees Ursa and smiles. "You look much better Ma'am, and that's a relief.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by Bastet1002 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:21 pm

"Holy Frog's Mead!" exclaims Robur. "Douglas...? Fiona...? Is that really you...? How did you survive...? This is wonderful! I must introduce you some new friends..."
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by kipper » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Dame Simonetta politely greets the assembled hobbets. She notes Ginger's look and nods in return.

"Excuse my appearance, I must look a mess! Pardon me, won't you?" She will find some water and clean herself up a bit.

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:16 pm

Bastet1002 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:21 pm
"Holy Frog's Mead!" exclaims Robur. "Douglas...? Fiona...? Is that really you...? How did you survive...? This is wonderful! I must introduce you some new friends..."
Fiona is her usual quiet self. Douglas says, "We're both fine! Rested and recharged after a trip home. Do you like my new teeth? (He flashes a winning smile.) This is embarrassing but, um, we're sorry we left you for dead. We saw you fall into the chasm and thought you were a goner."

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:56 pm

kipper wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:19 pm
Dame Simonetta politely greets the assembled hobbets. She notes Ginger's look and nods in return.

"Excuse my appearance, I must look a mess! Pardon me, won't you?" She will find some water and clean herself up a bit.
Ginger wanders off and joins Dame Simonetta in the back room. She is carrying two packages wrapped in cloth. Dame Simonetta unwraps the first parcel to find the same familiar vintage suit of dwarf-sized bronze armor.

"My aunt Greta Flint sends her respect, but she cannot bring herself to melt down this rare historical artifact. She asks instead for your permission, to study the armor and try to revive the lost art of how it was made. Here is her offer as barter for the bronze armor. Or if these are not to your liking, name your price."

The second bundle is a pair of mithril gauntlets. They are lighter and more comfortable than iron gauntlets. And mithril is basically priceless. It's a generous offer! Dame Simonetta notices that Ginger's armor is also partially made from precious mithril. It's used strategically in the places where it offers the most weight savings.

"Additionally, she sent me to come on your next Adventure and help you look for more antique metal-crafted items, like the armor. Also, I'm on the lookout for abandoned mines. In your Adventures, did you find any evidence of digging? Um, this all is if you'll have me in your party? Uhhh... Johnnycakes."

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:24 pm

mgtremaine wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:33 am
Kiplyn looks around the restaurant a bit puzzled, sees Ursa and smiles. "You look much better Ma'am, and that's a relief.
Ursa says cheerfully, "I shape-changed into a newt! Then got stuck in the blizzard. So cold! Thank you all for saving my life. I am going to brew a special batch of potions in gratitude. The gemstone souvenir from my Free Solo Adventure is the secret ingredient!"

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:31 pm

As always, Frederick's family-heirloom mace Bopper hangs on the wall behind the counter.

Post by Bastet1002 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:07 am

"What kind of mead is there here?" calls out Robur loudly to the barkeep. "I want to buy a round of mead - make it my family's Boulderhill Mead if you have any -for everyone here!"

And he will offer up a toast with an engaging jovial smile that appears whenever he's drinking mead: "Here's to old friends, friends reunited, the esteemed Dame Simonetta, and new friends! May we all live long and have fantastic adventures!"
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”