The Seventh Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:19 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

"Well that was an eye opener! How about we don't jump into ponds anymore and we stop throwing fire at each other, there is enough danger down here without looking for extra trouble.Kiplyn cleans off his trusty dagger and when he sees Robur collecting coins he looks for a shadowy nook muttering something about "Not going to be spider club bait"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by dtspurrier » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:52 pm

bilfur sighs and says, " we could fish out water but some of you are hurt. Those that are take these enhanced berries that will taste great and cure some of your wounds."

OOC: i have six good berries and will offer each of you one each for those that are injured. I don;t think multiple berries will cure mult hp, yes?

Post by acodispo » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:24 pm

Willie shakes rapidly-dissolving goo-into-water off his limbs and looks around.

"Wow! I can't believe we made it out of that one -- I thought for sure we were goners."

He pokes his finger in his mouth to check his teeth, just in case.

"Yup, we're still alive! Robur -- that was a bold move, but let's hope you learned your lesson," he says, without specifying what the lesson might be, possibly because he's not sure himself.

Willie will spend the turn gathering coins, but only after ensuring that there's a handy rope for them to climb out when they're done, and that Chegs' warhammer is intact, and that somebody up top is standing guard. (So he may not gather as many coins as Robur.)
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:43 am

Robur seems to be lacking in the sack department. (And I assume he doesn't want to dump out the contents of his backpack?) Does Willie maybe want to lend Robur one of his extra sacks? A small sack holds 100 coins and a large sack or backpack holds 600 coins. (Gathering 600 coins per 10 minute turn = 1 coin per second.)

Bilfur generously offers to share his good berries with Willie and Robur (once they climb out of the well)!

In this campaign, characters can eat multiple good berries to heal multiple hit points.

Also a reminder to the newer players about our second breakfast house rule: A character can spend 1 rest turn eating 1 ration to regain 1 hit point (ability usable max 1/hour; splashing around in thigh-deep water at the bottom of a well does not count as "restful.").
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Bastet1002 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:00 am

"Say, Willie," says Robur. "We need a way to collect it all. Could you perhaps lend me a sack? And... after... I'm going to eat a really big a second breakfast ... or two..."
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by rredmond » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:45 pm

"The fire seemed to turn the tide in that battle," Noh says bemused. Not being hurt, he and Carc keep an eye out while others look and rest.
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by kipper » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:32 pm

Dame Simonetta stands bemused and silent, watching the exit to the north.

Post by acodispo » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:23 pm

"Robur, you don't look so great. You go up top and rest -- can somebody come down here and help me load treasure? Dougal, how 'bout it?"

Willie suggests that Robur go up and take advantage of 2nd breakfast and a goodberry. He himself is only down 1hp (I think), so he's fit for a turn of action loading a large sack.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Bastet1002 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Robur's face actually looks pale and slightly greenish! "Thanks Willie. Your a a good friend. I'm feeling a little dizzy actually..." he slurs and heads up for a 2nd breakfast and the kindly offered goodberry.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by mushgnome » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:39 pm

Bastet1002 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:34 pm
Robur's face actually looks pale and slightly greenish! "Thanks Willie. Your a a good friend. I'm feeling a little dizzy actually..." he slurs and heads up for a 2nd breakfast and the kindly offered goodberry.
2nd breakfast: In exchange for 1 hit point, please think of one of your favorite comfort foods and cross it off your inventory for the rest of the Adventure. In your darkest moments, you can daydream of eating this food again when you get home to the surface, and this thought will give you hope.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”