The Seventh Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:45 am

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Dame Simonetta raises the lantern about 20', so the blob is still within lantern light, but hopefully out of reach. Luckily, the creature seems completely focused on digesting the Spider-Goat. (DM rules since the pudding failed its Listen check, it also fails to respond to the visual stimulus of the bobbing lantern.)

For the record: Our heroes have faced slimes and oozes in the past; so this is not completely unfamiliar territory. But this blobbo seems an order of magnitude bigger and nastier than the others. Something about the way it oozes up from the depths of the earth, taps into primal fears. It doesn't belong here!!
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Scottenkainen » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:02 am

"Hey," Beppo said to the other two, "did you hear that? That dame is shouting something back there. Should we be worried? Or is that how she casts spells or something...?"

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:52 pm

Kiplyn turns his head... "Something is wrong, I just heard Dame, there must be something down here we better get out of here.". He quickly checks if there is another way out.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:11 pm

Dougal doesn't panic.

"Let's stay calm... She said not to go that way, so no worries. We have light and we can easily walk these webs. We got this."

Dougal tries to peer back at where they came down the rope to see if he can tell what the Dame is screaming about.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:30 pm

OOC: I'd like to hear from @dtspurrier in particular, before moving forward, because I think Bilfur is potentially in the most danger, of anyone in the party (lacking the Dame's combat prowess).

Dougal does not have line-of-sight to the creature, due to the curvature of the canyon.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:03 pm

"Come on! Let's hurry! ONWARD!"

Willie assumes the worst and that his plan of offering an additional escape route will be needed. He leads the way, speaking secret-door-passwords if necessary, and is already pulling the rope out of his pack to get ready to sling it down. He is headed for area 15.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by rredmond » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:58 pm

Scottenkainen wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:02 am
"Hey," Beppo said to the other two, "did you hear that? That dame is shouting something back there. Should we be worried? Or is that how she casts spells or something...?"
"She doesn't use spells," Noh says with a note of concern, "Carc heard something as well! Do you want to take a look up ahead my friend?" He asks Carc.
I lost the map update, there was a link somewhere, can't find it :( Where is everyone again?
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mushgnome » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:14 pm

Here is the map. Dougal and Kiplyn are just west of the A, in the green circle. Dame Simonetta and Bilfur are at B. Everyone else is at point C, in the secret tunnel.

I need to know exactly what group B is doing before we proceed any further. If group B goes from exploration turns to combat rounds, then I will hit pause on the other two groups, while we resolve the group B combat.

@kipper, if we don't hear from @dtspurrier soon, I will ask Dame Simonetta to take leadership.

Post by rredmond » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:42 pm

Thanks!
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by kipper » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:42 am

Well, if Bilfur looks like he's making any motions to throw the torch, Dame Simonetta will certainly give him an earful and try to make him stop! (Her hands are busy holding the rope). She just wants to watch the thing for the moment, hopefully it won't start moving closer to us!

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”