- ask the efreet to raise Wiglaff and Aldbane from the dead
- loot the room/bodies
- haul Maloof to the surface, get him reincarnated
- I think I will also set Grampus to inactive
- then we see what the party is and what to do next

any corrections?

Post by mushgnome » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:44 am

Re: Delve the Twelve

This is a good plan! Reincarnation sounds kind of fun. Franklin is feeling better about the moral dilemma.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by coffee » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:41 pm

Rhod agrees with this plan entirely.

Let's gather up anything of value, being sure to check the room we killed those wizards in (and take the wand), and then head back up to the surface.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:25 am

Yes, let's definitely grab that wand and hope it still has charges!

Rhod should carry the wand because Franklin has only 1hp and couldn't survive even the tiniest backfire or mishap. He's walking on eggshells until we get back to the surface; no detours or loitering! He has one hand in his potion-pocket and will not hesitate to consume a potion if necessary, to make it back to the surface alive.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Makofan » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:03 am

They summon the efreet, who raises Aldbane and Wiglaff from the dead, and then departs, mission on earth accomplished. There are huge rooms leading off this, and doors, but laden with Maloof's body, and having two characters at 1 hit point (although the staff of healing adds 6 more points to each), they just grab Bon and Fred's ewand and head for the surface, hoping not to run into anyone.

What path are you taking to the surface?

Post by acodispo » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:34 pm

Wiglaff, once thawed, politely thanks the Efreet, and thanks the surviving members of the party with a deep bow, and agrees with the plan.

The only possible route, he thinks, would be to climb their rope ladder in the ogre room just behind them, and once on Level 1, head west then south to the stairs.

They won't even bother to gather up the spikes they put in the pit walls, although they could swiftly pull the ropes up after them.

In any case, priority is to get to the stairs and take stock of the situation back on the surface.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by merias » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Aldbane is thankful to be back, and agrees to the plan to head back to the surface.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by Makofan » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:59 pm

I forgot to roll Shock/Survival rolls, so I just rolled them now, but fortunately both characters passed. Wiglaff spends 100 gold of his own money to identify the other Wand, which is a Wand of Fireballs. He now has two wands: a Wand of Cold, and a Wand of Fire. The party is well-equipped for mass damage spells.

I am retiring Grampus, so there is a Battle Axe (beheading) - I suggest Wiglaff - and a Plate Mail +1 available. We need to decide if a) only dwarves can wear dwarf-sizd plate mail b) it fits dwarves/halflings c) it fits dwarves/humans

What do the players think?

The 2800 xp is divided five ways for 560 xp each; Aldbane +5% gets 588, Wiglaff +10% gets 616.
Franklin gets just enough to hit level 4!
His hit points increase from 10 to 19 and he is now a better leader of men, and fearsome to normals.

The wizard agrees to cast Reincarnation on Maloof for 5000 gold (which I deducted from Maloof) and he comes back as a tiny gnome, about halfling-sized, but thinner!

PM sent to kipper

Also, Maloof won't need his Plate Mail +1 anymore either or his Scroll of Cure Light WOunds

Post by mushgnome » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:03 pm

Happy New Year everybody!

@makofan please check your PM re: Franklin's plans.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”