Delve the 11th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by kipper » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:13 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Maloof also has two CLW spells on tap for anyone who requests one after Aldbane uses his staff (just ask in this thread and we can assume he casts it).

(I think we finished the looting of the priest and magic-user and looked for obvious exits or treasure in the priest's room before we were interrupted, but I agree we should take a quick look at the bearmen).

Hmmm, that might be a good idea, to keep the Efreet as bodyguard while we head back to the surface. Maloof would still prefer to carry on exploring this level using the Efreet as point until the time expires, but I guess he can be talked out of it if that's what the party thinks is best. What does everyone else think?

Post by Makofan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:32 pm

After you catch your breath and all, I would say you have used up 40 minutes of the efreet's hour. By my rough estimate, the party has gained about 9000 xp total, and a half dozen magic items so far, from this expedition

Post by mushgnome » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Sconces has been cowering in fear throughout the battle, and Franklin gives him a reassuring scratch behind the ear.

Franklin looks around warily for another wave of attackers. He's thinking to himself, if these are the "guardians" then what are they guarding? He thinks we should search this room thoroughly (including checking for magic and secret doors) before hauling the loot back to the surface.

If the waves of attacks have stopped, Franklin peeks through the south door (that the acolytes of Set came through) to see if they were guarding any treasure-chests.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Makofan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:57 pm

The room the acolytes were in is 40' wide, with 10' to the east of the entry door, and 20' west. It extends 30' south. There is a door in the south wall, on the 20' from the west wall. On the east wall is the huge throne, made of marble and brass, with a translucent green dome over it. There is no other treasure in the room

Post by kipper » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:27 am

OOC: Oh, I guess we hadn't fully investigated the Priest/Acolyte room yet (I thought we had)!

Maloof idly tosses a loose stone at the dome over the throne, is it solid or does the stone pass through it? He asks the Efreet if he can detect anything in particular about the throne.

OOC: Just as a reminder to everyone, the large/main room has 6 doors (one on the west, two on the north, one on the east, and two on the south). So far we've used the two south doors (one is the door we entered through to get to the main room, and the second is the Priest/Acolyte room with the throne. http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 278#p33278. The various enemies we've fought have come through various doors, but we haven't gone through them yet ourselves (and we don't have enough time with the Efreet to investigate them all with the Efreet present).

Post by Makofan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:07 pm

merias wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:00 pm
Aldbane has a CLW spell and staff of healing he will offer to Grampus, he will also heal himself with the staff (staff of healing has not been used on himself yet today I think, I don't remember who else has used it already). Once done, he suggests heading back to the surface with any loot.
Grampus gets healed with the Staff back to full hit points, and Aldbane is back to 12 out of 13, so no CLW are probably needed

Post by Makofan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:09 pm

acodispo wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:56 pm
Wow! That was quite a fight, and somehow I don't feel it's over yet.

Let's make sure we loot the Priest's shield & amulet, and the Magic User's cloak and boots.

Beyond that let's quickly check the Evil Priest's room for exits or obvious treasure.

Do the berserkers or bearmen have any obvious treasure (jewelry, purses, etc)?

Wiglaff is going to put on his plate armour now.
Wiglaff dons his armor

Bereserkers and bearmen had a total of 47 gold on them

Post by Makofan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:13 pm

kipper wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:27 am
OOC: Oh, I guess we hadn't fully investigated the Priest/Acolyte room yet (I thought we had)!

Maloof idly tosses a loose stone at the dome over the throne, is it solid or does the stone pass through it? He asks the Efreet if he can detect anything in particular about the throne.

OOC: Just as a reminder to everyone, the large/main room has 6 doors (one on the west, two on the north, one on the east, and two on the south). So far we've used the two south doors (one is the door we entered through to get to the main room, and the second is the Priest/Acolyte room with the throne. http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 278#p33278. The various enemies we've fought have come through various doors, but we haven't gone through them yet ourselves (and we don't have enough time with the Efreet to investigate them all with the Efreet present).
An excellent summary!

The pebble passes through the dome as if it wasn't there, although the dome crackles and sparks a bit

When asked if the dome is magic, the efreet says "To your puny minds it is"

Post by acodispo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:03 pm

Suggestions:

Check the door in the cultists' room (maybe they have treasure back there).
Or proceed in one of the four directions from the main room (I suggest West at random, where I think the bear-men came from).
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Makofan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:44 pm

Here is my description of the room initially
You take 10 minutes to descend to the third floor elevator room, efreet in tow, and open the north door. It opens onto a room 50 feet wide (10' om east side of door, 30' on west side of door) and 30 feet tall. On the east wall is a corridor leading off at the 30' mark. On the west wall is a corridor leading off at the 20' mark. On the north wall are corridors leading off at the 10' and 50' marks. On the south wall, is a door 20 feet away from where you just entered. The room is entirely of a polished black obsidian stone construction.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”