Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by rredmond » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:38 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

I'm not sure if I posted it before, but 2 large sacks and 2 small sacks would be good. I don't know if we need to buy bullets for the sling, but if so it looks like I need those? Also, is there such a thing as silvered bullets, or the like, just in case? :D I have 6 flasks of oil still so it looks like I'm good there!
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:56 am

Tet replaces his spent food and torches.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:16 pm

Sorry no update last night; Isaias kept knocking out my internet! Everything here is fine though; no damage other than a few downed limbs. I hope everyone else is okay, wherever you are!

I've updated Tet and Noh's inventories accordingly.

@waysoftheearth, racial level limits have always been a "love/hate" relationship for me. I remember when 3E came out, with absolutely no race/class/level limits, I remember thinking "it's about time." That said, I do find something charming about the old school rules for level limits. And in "actual play" I've found that a 4th level halfling can "hang" pretty well even with a higher level party: their improved saving throws, stealth ability, and missile bonus help them punch above their weight class. Throw in some good magic items, and a 4th level halfling is still a pretty viable character, even if the rest of the party is creeping up on "name" level.

That said, since this is a Hobbet-only campaign, I did want to give them a bit of a "buff." So I'm using the rule, they can advance 2 extra levels if they are single-classed. So a Fighter/Thief would top out at levels 4/U, where as as a single class Fighter could reach 6th level. I can't remember the origin of the "single class get 2 extra levels" rule; did it maybe originate from 1st ed Unearthed Arcana?

In the event this campaign goes on so long that we bump up against level limits, I'm certainly open to discussion where we could go from there.

Stay tuned for the next update...
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:36 pm

The Third Adventure begins..... NOW!

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=871
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”