(080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:22 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Dungeon Exploration Turn 7 was begun with 4 combat turns. The remainder of turn 7 will therefore be occupied with resting and recovery and any searching of the bodies.

Stratagems can be discussed while resting, of course...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Leudigar wipes his Bleakmass Blade clean of blood and gore and examines it in the torchlight to see how it fared in the battle. Does it appear to be a good blade? Extraordinary in any way? Once that is done, he begins searching the bodies of the hobs and bugbear for anything of value.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 pm

Dopey heads back to the collapsed wall to reclaim his dropped dirk and shield. He tests a sample of debris to discover if it is actual stone and attempts to discern the mechanism by which it was destroyed.

"I'll need to get out of this armor and remove the bolt," says the hobbet to himself. "That may take some time... I had better wait until we retire to a position free from goblin patrols."
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by riftstone » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:47 am

Faengol slumps down, exhausted, his elven skin pallid.

"Calling takes all my energies. I must rest an Él Lintalë before I can call again. I am glad we were the victors."

(ooc: Él Lintalë - Star Dance, he means night)

Post by Eris » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:35 am

Freid shouts, "Hurrah!", as the bugbear and hobgoblin fall, "Are there more coming?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Zem looks around for any other foes and then at the others "By my father beard, look at me! I'm huge!."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by heartless » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:05 pm

After the battle Kianna lowers her shield and sword and says to Faengol, "Nice spell, I like the growing into a giant touch. We should swap spells once get out of here." Then she turns to the injured and says, "You all fight with great courage but you need your strengh to fight again, so rest a moment and I will tend to your wounds for I am a cleric with healing arts."
Kianna will bind the wounds of the group, to stop the bleeding and restore some health.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:33 pm

As the dust settles, Fried observes that there are no more enemy present; the battle is truly won. Ogre-sized Zem stomps about exalting in his new-found statue. He is indeed massive.

Leudigar cleans the black blood from the silvered sword, then examines it keenly. It has served him well this day, that much is certain; rarely has he fought more effectively. The sword looks fine enough, in his eye, even if it's not absolutely flawless. Then he loots the bodies of the slain, recovering six hobgoblin purses with a handful of coins in each. The bugbear wears a large but plain brass ring on its knobbly paw.

Dopey reacquaints himself with his own gear, then examines the mysterious wall. There is no debris littered about; the wall has not crumbled at all, rather, it has sunken into a recess in the ground.

Faengol rests, and Kianna rejoins the company, returning from the Bleakmass Tree room.
All this occurs during the remainder of Dungeon Exploration Turn 7.

What are your orders for Turn 8?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:34 pm

"We best find the others" Zem would head back as well. Hoping to tend his wound and rest a bit.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:32 am

A rest will get you 1-6 hp back. It also requires a full turn.

If anyone is going to rest, they need to do so before moving on else the opportunity to recoup hp after this battle is lost.

Return to “Hinterlands”