(069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by doctorx » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Re: (069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

The Vagabond Knight is already deep in magical conversation with her owl companion...

"Hello to you, my dear friend. Praise be to Saint Tamaræ that I am at last granted the honour of speaking to you in words we can both understand. Tell me, how came you to be with the man we found you with? What purpose had the two of you in these Hinterlands?"

Post by sully » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Dorgan says, Ok, looks like Des and me so far. Anyone else coming? We need to move soon.
I think we have enough Hero types for this mission. Any lvl 1-2 types wanna come along?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Merctime » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Dhren offered, too, Sully... Just so you know. One page behind

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Desmond points at the newest member of the party and says, "Dhren said he'd join us. The three of us should suffice for checking out the two missing. Let's be off so we can return by nightfall."

Desmond hefts his foreign crossbow, checks that it is ready to fire, and indicates he is ready to go.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Desmond discusses the location of the ogre cave with Helmut and Ashtad, who visited the site the day before yesterday. From what they can figure, the ogre-cave--and the bridged ravine--lies in an easterly direction from the abbey. Truth is, it can't have been farther than a mile or two off, at the most. It took about an hour to hike to the abbey, downhill, from the ogre-cave so surely it can't take more than two to reach it in the uphill direction?

Southwatch is much farther afield, in a more northerly direction.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Desmond glances over at the young woman with the bow, "Do you want to join us, as well, Ashtad? It would be nice to have someone with us who had a much better idea of where we were going. Might even make the trip take less time."
I think four should be the limit. We don't want to take any more from the defense of the abbey/backup ring team. And then since the ogre lair is east and Southwatch is north, I think just traveling to the ogre lair and back should be the plan. Maybe Josiane can send her owl off with whatever she has in mind and we can get some help for Dorgan in some other way.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by doctorx » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:32 pm

ehiker133 wrote:I think four should be the limit. We don't want to take any more from the defense of the abbey/backup ring team. And then since the ogre lair is east and Southwatch is north, I think just traveling to the ogre lair and back should be the plan. Maybe Josiane can send her owl off with whatever she has in mind and we can get some help for Dorgan in some other way.
That's the plan! ;)

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:18 am

Plans are discussed muchly as the sun climbs into the sky. Finally a course is decided and Dorgan's team shoulder their packs for the short trek to the nearby ogre-cave to investigate what became of Beringar and Valorn...
Dorgan, Desmond, Dhren (and anyone else departing for the ogre-cave) over to thread 071 please...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Condorcet » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:50 am

"We should check on those that went to the ring," says Helmut as Dorgan and his small group departs, "and perhaps find us a dopple-ganger while we are at it."

"If the pilgrims stay together they should be safe - from what I have read on these creatures, they prey on the solitary."

Post by heartless » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:46 pm

ehiker133 wrote:Desmond glances over at the young woman with the bow, "Do you want to join us, as well, Ashtad? It would be nice to have someone with us who had a much better idea of where we were going. Might even make the trip take less time."
"I am more than happy to come along, I will lead you to the ogre lair and the bag of coin I covered before I left so to find again. Let us be off!", says Ashtad.
If there is anything Ashtad can do to help Dorgan next, she is willing to help.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Return to “Hinterlands”