Hello New Server (2013)

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Hello New Server (2013)

Welcome to the new digs folks :shock:

Here's a place to say hello, and banter while we wait to see who's eager to continue the game...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Hello Hinterlands

You may be wondering "Why am I here?"

There are a few reasons reasons why I decided to move Hinterlands, including:

1) I'm an admin here which will enable me to do more with the forum itself,
2) The recent Proboards update broke our EditGrid integration (which is fixed here),
3) The Proboards terms of service are pretty restrictive for content authors, like us.

As well as all that I've been wanting to breath life into my ImmersiveInk site forever, but I haven't been able to find time to keep up with Hinterlands and do that too. The best answer seems to be for me to bring the two together and do them both at once.

We'll see how that goes...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Desmond/Mondes is (are?) here! Figured I'd keep my user name the same to avoid any confusion...

Right off the bat, I really like the colour scheme, WOTE. It is easy on the eyes. This forum also seems to have more forum features like we have on the Unseen Servant. Oh, that's why; it's phpBB, so it is the same base forum software.

But the forum looks like it is missing something... oh, a title bar? Something that tells you where you are (without having to look at the address bar)?
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by sully » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Hey guys, sulldawga here. Figured I'd grab sully as a username since I was pretty sure no one got there first on these boards!

Good to see all of Ways' games here. I can always hope to see Moria start up again at some point in the future, right?

Ways, good luck with the Immersive Ink stuff. Looking forward to you publishing content soon so I can give you some money!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:18 pm

WOTE, having trouble finding Desmond's full final character sheet. Do we want to maybe repost our finalized character sheets from the ODD74 forum under the Present Company Again thread? Now that you're Admin, it should be easy to remove thread detritus if someone posts something in there that shouldn't be.
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 pm

ehiker133 wrote:WOTE, having trouble finding Desmond's full final character sheet. Do we want to maybe repost our finalized character sheets from the ODD74 forum under the Present Company Again thread? Now that you're Admin, it should be easy to remove thread detritus if someone posts something in there that shouldn't be.

Is it this one

--half way down the page?--
http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 3&start=50

I don't know how to link to a post yet :) haha. Which is funny if you think about it.

ADDED: Got it [on the right side by the date you can click on to see the post id alone.

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic.php?p=414&#p414

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Aye, there it is, Mike. Thanks much!

Post by verhaden » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Present.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Welcome Ehiker, Sully, Verhaden. Great to see you :)

Hopefully we'll see a few more players soon...

I've updated your character sheets in The Cast thread so that the forum knows that you posted them (and you can edit them).

There is a lot of clutter in The Cast thread, so I've decided to create a PCs subforum, with one thread per PC. That will at least make the PC sheets easier to find!

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:18 am

ehiker133 wrote:the forum looks like it is missing something... oh, a title bar? Something that tells you where you are (without having to look at the address bar)?
Yes, I noticed that too. It looks to be an issue with the style/theme, seeing that other style/themes display the forum title happily. I'll look into it, but it isn't going to hold us back in the meanwhile.

Return to “Welcome! Read This First”