Welcome

Everything that doesn't belong elsewhere

Post by rredmond » Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Re: Welcome

Actually I think Alethan is ehiker133 around these parts... after checking his profile hobbies list I'm 99.9% certain it's the same guy. :lol:
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by ehiker133 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:13 pm

rredmond wrote:A friend, Alethan, recommended checking this place out.
So howdy!! Always good to see some familiar names. :)
Be well,
--Ron--
Welcome, Ron! Glad you came over to check it out! I am Alethan on the Unseen Servant, but ehiker133 here. If you have any doubts, just read up on Desmond's posts in the Hinterlands game; I'm sure you'll see hints of Till and Bandy and my other halfling/hobbit/hobbet characters in him. He was the original, though. It all started with a silver whistle...

I wish our Hinterlands game was still active for you to join! But, alas... life. I will likely forever hold on to the hope that Ways of the Earth will start it up again some day.

In the mean time, Deeper Arkham has a nice slow pace to it that might work for you. Mushgnome is an excellent DM and loves to push boundaries and mix up rule sets. And Makofan's game has some good activity to it as well. He's a long-time DM and runs some fantastic games.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Welcome Ron! I remember you well from odd74 forums because I'm a Tull fan and love your avatar. I have Stormwatch on vinyl. ;)

I am recruiting additional players for my all-halfling campaign. We need some fresh blood, and you'd be very welcome to join. I am going for a "relaxed, old-school, mega-dungeon" style of play. PM me if you have any questions. Or if you want to just dive right in, post here and I'll roll up some stats for you: http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=831
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm

mushgnome wrote:Welcome Ron! I remember you well from odd74 forums because I'm a Tull fan and love your avatar. I have Stormwatch on vinyl. ;)
On vinyl??? Dude!
I'm a wee bit of a Tull fan yes, and have been saddened for the past couple years since Ian and Martin broke up. But yes, ehiker specifically sent me here to check out your game. By relaxed we mean a slower than ridiculous post rate, yes? :)
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:01 pm

mushgnome wrote:We need some fresh blood...
Not that there's anything wrong with the old blood! ;)
rredmond wrote:But yes, ehiker specifically sent me here to check out your game. By relaxed we mean a slower than ridiculous post rate, yes? :)
You were the first person to come to mind, Ron. I thought you'd be a good fit.

Average is usually 1-3 times per week for posts. Depends on the week and possibly on what sort of action is going on.
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:03 pm

mushgnome wrote:Or if you want to just dive right in, post here and I'll roll up some stats for you: http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=831
Give him some stats! There's no way he'll be able to not join then. Bet.

Post by rredmond » Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Two fighters and two thieves, looks like you can use a druid. ;)
I'll head over that way to continue the convo. Look at that, I'm agreeing BEFORE the coercive tactics were employed! :D

Post by mushgnome » Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Welcome aboard!

Here are your stat rolls: http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 609#p30609

We do have a druid PC, named Potty, but his player hasn't been too active lately, and besides, with the 1-spell-per-day limit, there is plenty of room in the party for multiple casters. You would not be stepping on any toes. :)

I should also mention that I allow multi-class druid/fighters, druid/thieves, and druid/fighter/thieves. XP is always split equally among all classes (even after one class reaches its level limit).
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Tue May 21, 2019 11:47 pm

I prefer single classing. Not that I haven’t double or tripled ever, but I can go single class for sure.
Did we ever PbP together? I know your username from somewhere other than just passing each other on forums. Maybe from the, now defunct, AliveAndOutOfPrint forums? Anyway. Good to be on board!

Post by ehiker133 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:40 pm

rredmond wrote:I prefer single classing. Not that I haven’t double or tripled ever, but I can go single class for sure.
Did we ever PbP together? I know your username from somewhere other than just passing each other on forums. Maybe from the, now defunct, AliveAndOutOfPrint forums? Anyway. Good to be on board!
Mushgnome was active on ODD74 (I haven't been on it in a year, so I don't know if he still is or not) and I believe signed up on Unseen Servant at one point, though I'm not sure he had much activity on it.

Return to “Other Chat”