OOC Banter

Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

OOC Banter

Zenopus wrote:
I was going to have Mot throw his dagger at the first one through the door, but Vangelis was going to attack that one and I didn't want to hit him. Also not sure if the rest of the attackers can get through. Can Mot throw his dagger at the second one through the door?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
You can simply have Mot throw his dagger if he has a clear target. Remembering, of course, that missile fire into melee is not "officially" permitted.

However, I tend to allow it with a 50% chance of hitting an unintentional target (if your attack roll is an odd number, it will be against a randomly assigned target).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 pm

OOC Banter

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Hey, folks, sorry about Javas being so quiet. I've been working successive 11-12 hour shifts.... ugh. Looks likes I'm missing some fun! I'll post in a minute.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

OOC Banter

aergraith wrote:
Would it benefit us at this point to form up? I am picturing us as pretty scattered, and we likely have unprotected casters.

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:05 pm

OOC Banter

mgtremaine wrote:
aergraith wrote:Would it benefit us at this point to form up? I am picturing us as pretty scattered, and we likely have unprotected casters.
Makes sense, except for the 2 chaotic elves who feel you are trying to repress their merry making.... [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:17 pm

OOC Banter

ehiker133 wrote:
Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
mgtremaine wrote: OOC: First is rate of fire 1 on a bow? Or do I get a second shot in a round. Second is the 50% chance to hit friendlies when firing into melee only if you miss?
Combat is an abstract affair. An attack roll represents your effectiveness across a whole, minute long round, rather than a single attack or shot. Hence, you get one attack roll per round regardless of the actual number of swings or shots made.

I have a house rule regarding ammunition, but I won't use it for this demo game. You can assume you loose one missile per round.

Regarding firing into melee: the "official" DD rules don't allow it. However, my reasoning is that a chaotic wouldn't care if he hurt his allies, so it shouldn't be absolutely disallowed. My own house rule (which I will use here if you really want to shoot into melee) is: on an odd numbered (i.e., 50% chance) attack roll a randomly determined target has jumped in the way. The existing attack roll is kept but against the new target.

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:23 pm

OOC Banter

mgtremaine wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
mgtremaine wrote: OOC: First is rate of fire 1 on a bow? Or do I get a second shot in a round. Second is the 50% chance to hit friendlies when firing into melee only if you miss?
Combat is an abstract affair. An attack roll represents your effectiveness across a whole, minute long round, rather than a single attack or shot. Hence, you get one attack roll per round regardless of the actual number of swings or shots made.

I have a house rule regarding ammunition, but I won't use it for this demo game. You can assume you loose one missile per round.

Regarding firing into melee: the "official" DD rules don't allow it. However, my reasoning is that a chaotic wouldn't care if he hurt his allies, so it shouldn't be absolutely disallowed. My own house rule (which I will use here if you really want to shoot into melee) is: on an odd numbered (i.e., 50% chance) attack roll a randomly determined target has jumped in the way. The existing attack roll is kept but against the new target.
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I understood.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm

OOC Banter

mushgnome wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Regarding firing into melee: the "official" DD rules don't allow it. However, my reasoning is that a chaotic wouldn't care if he hurt his allies, so it shouldn't be absolutely disallowed. My own house rule (which I will use here if you really want to shoot into melee) is: on an odd numbered (i.e., 50% chance) attack roll a randomly determined target has jumped in the way. The existing attack roll is kept but against the new target.
Be careful everyone! Friendly-fire deaths can and do happen in wayoftheearth's campaigns!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 am

OOC Banter

ehiker133 wrote:
Yeah, it's going to be tough enough staying alive without taking on friendly fire, as well...

Return to “Delving Deeper V1 Demo 2012”