The Ninth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by Bastet1002 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:12 pm

Re: The Ninth Adventure

"It looks perfect for you," said Robur helping himself handful of nuts and some cheese.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by coffee » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:30 pm

Wilbur secretly wishes he had a mirror, so he could see himself in his new armor. But for now, it feels pretty cool. He smiles, and bundles up his old armor in case anyone else should need it later.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by dtspurrier » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:09 pm

if the shield was wooden , bilfur would ask for it. Bilfur asks, " so where now?"

Post by mushgnome » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:48 pm

Indeed, where to now? We've got a couple of suggestions, one to venture into Dungeon Level 3, another to climb back up the gravel slope and confront the Xvarts.

Some administrative details: I updated the character spreadsheet with the updated xp and gp totals. Sorry that took me a while. It had to do with my IT project. I lasted about a week on Debian Stable before I got restless! Bilfur is now Level 2 and gets an extra hit point. I still owe you a map update.

Willbur gets the Chainmail +1, Kiplyn gets the metal Pig Shield +1, and Dougal gets the poison gas balloon.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Scottenkainen » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:42 pm

"I have no claim to any of that," Beppo said. "I have yet to fight the xvarts. Perhaps they have more treasure...?"

Post by mushgnome » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:47 pm

OOC: In the interest of nudging the Adventure in a fun & profitable direction, I'm going to give you folks a little spoiler about Xvarts, please avert your eyes if you don't want this information: Xvarts treasure type K (3-18 sp)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:32 pm

3-18sp? Is that supposed to be... incentive? Or deterrent?

All, I am headed out this afternoon on a grand adventure with my hobbet princess and three crazy hobbet younglings. We travel by carriage, so I'm also bringing along a bottle of chlorform and a half pack of Dramamine several sleep potions to visit this weird rat castle located in the southern province of PhloRYDA. I believe that's how it's pronounced. I'm TOLD there is much fun to be had there, which doesn't track because I had to give up much treasure in the form of gems and jewelry in order to procure admission to this castle.

Apparently there is a whole other WORLD we can visit near there that has to do with the ocean or... some other large body of water? Again, access to this place required much in the way of gold and silver from the coffers. Hopefully it will pay off? Apparently we get to spend some time with creatures of this world called Dalfins? Later, we will relocate to a coastal island village by the name of Zanibel, where we will spend several days searching for the most coveted magical item - Highbough's Perceptive Ear - which is a conch shell reportedly imbued with the ability to replay the sounds of ocean waves! We will also venture further north where apparently one might locate the teeth of long dead sea animals that were so vicious they had many rows of them (teeth, that is) and could swallow a hobbet whole! Can you imagine such a thing??

Please, until my return, and if the small hobbets don't make me drive the carriage off of a long stone bridge surrounded by water, act as if Dougal Blackfoot is hiding in the shadows, for I will not be able to portray him in actions and words until said time.

I wish you all the best of adventures and may you actually FIND treasure instead of spending it in order to offer screaming hobbet whelps the times of their lives whilst still complaining that life is not fair because they keep getting killed in their Godzilla Rhoblocks game they play on their stone tablets.

If it is not too much trouble, I ask that you all make prayers to our Hobbet gods that I maintain my sanity during this adventure.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by rredmond » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:47 pm

Good luck Ethan! Have fun man!
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by dtspurrier » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:44 pm

good luck ethan

character is adjusted to 2nd level

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:47 pm

Rat Castle! Yikes I've heard the rumors...Good luck, stay near the shadows
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”