The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by acodispo » Wed May 11, 2022 12:11 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Willie is worried about the group getting spread out in this big area, so once he's verified to his satisfaction that the mushrooms have been bitten, he attempts to hustle everybody over to the chasm to join Dougal and Douglas. Maybe he catches the tail end of Douglas' question, but he doesn't say anything. He's curious to hear how Dougal will respond.
mushgnome wrote:Funny story, my childhood dungeon master's family belonged to the Church of the Latter Day Saints (Mormon), a religion that forbids alcohol. His mom used to yell down the stairs to us while we were playing, "You'd better not be pretending to drink imaginary mead at the imaginary tavern!" :D
:lol:
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Bastet1002 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:52 pm

OOC feeling emboldened by wild mushroom tea, and imaginary mead parties in mushgnome's basement!

Robur decides to take a handful of the spore stuff, since his druid instinct knows that this will not harm the plant. He puts it in his backpack to put in one of his flasks later to infuse and experimental brew with this mushroom spore. Then he heads over to the chasm with everyone.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by mgtremaine » Wed May 11, 2022 12:58 pm

"I think Noh is right, without the Spider Goat on patrol other beasts are able to feed here. We should move on" Kiplyn says then looks around worried...
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by kipper » Wed May 11, 2022 2:16 pm

Dame Simonetta will accompany the group to the chasm. However, she agrees with Kiplyn and wants to move on (not climb down the chasm). She proposes that we attempt to clear out the tunnel near ROOM 31 and see what lies beyond. We've got enough hands that hopefully it won't take too long.
Half of the party is still level 1 (more if we count NPCs), which is why I'm proposing we do a bit of clean-up on level 1 before heading deeper.

Post by ehiker133 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:17 pm

After he realizes the precarious position he is in, he draws back from the chasm and pulls Douglas with him, clamping a hand over his mouth in the process.

"Caution will keep you alive down here, Douglas," he says in a whisper. "I've already been part of the way down and have seen some of what can come up! I'm not excited to bump into that again."

Dougal drops his hand down to his side and adds, "sounds easily travel down the ravine, so don't speak when you're leaning over it or climbing down."

Dougal nods in agreement at the Dame's suggestion.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by acodispo » Thu May 12, 2022 12:54 pm

Willie's in agreement with Dame S' suggestion. Before they march out he'll give the newer members of the party any tips he can think of on climbing down the steep wall between areas 8 & 17.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Thu May 12, 2022 4:40 pm

More bad news:

Fiona has wandered off to the eastern end of the cavern (area 3). She calls out, "Someone ransacked the supply chest!"

And the secret door (leading to area 4) has been wrenched from its hinges and is lying on the ground 10 feet away.

(Douglas and Fiona are surprised to see the secret door. They overlooked it on their previous delve, and crossed the ravine by rope.)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by kipper » Fri May 13, 2022 2:21 pm

Dame Simonetta continues leading the way towards our goal, albeit with considerably more caution!

Post by Bastet1002 » Fri May 13, 2022 3:24 pm

"What stash? I never knew we - um.. I mean you guys had a ... Oh, my this looks bad!" says Robur wandering over. Partly out of stress, and partly from his obsession with mead he pulls out one of his mead skins and feeds his wad of mushroom spore into it to test out his new recipe in a few days. He then recaps the mead flask and puts it away with a satisfied grin that quickly sours when looks back at party's latest problem.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by dtspurrier » Fri May 13, 2022 7:55 pm

bilfur explains the puffball and the possible usage. Bilfur comments, "what was taken from the stash"

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”