The Eighth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:26 pm

Re: The Eighth Adventure

Experience and Gold Totals

Special one-time 0% conversion rate: All PC can retroactively convert their current gold-piece total to whatever easily-portable currency they like (including gems, jewellery, or other valuables) free of charge. In the future, there will be a flat 10% conversion rate for all transactions.

New Gold-Piece Totals:

Willie 3182.8
Dougal 3677.8
Dame Simonetta 2934.8
Kiplyn 3214.3
Wilbur 3398.8
Bilfur 1350.8
Beppo 165.9
Noh 219.8
Robur 151.3

(Note: the party currently has over 18k gold pieces total wealth!)

New Experience Point Totals:

Willie 2984/2984
Dougal 6250
Dame Simonetta 4886
Kiplyn 4789
Wilbur 4461
Bilfur 2024
Beppo 157/171
Noh 926
Robur 61/68/68

For reference, here are the XP progressions by class:
Druid: 2400/5000/10000
Fighter: 2000/4000/8000
Thief: 1125/2250/4500/9000
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:31 pm

The Druids

When Noh asks about the spider-goat, he sees Ursa shake her head 'no' and put her finger to her lips in the 'shhh' gesture. But it's too late: Noh's question is out in the open.

"A goat that can spin webs? Hmmm, you seem confused, let me explain: Yes, our human craftsmen do make a type of 'silk' from the hair of goats and sheep. We call it 'yarn' and we use it to make warm clothes. Y-A-R-N."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:40 pm

The Straight & Narrow Inn

Dame Simonetta and Kiplyn are here now. Also the crew from the money-changer is back. with 146.8gp share per hobbet, from the sale of the chess set and the coins from the well! Everyone is here except Bilfur, Noh, and Ursa.

The lattes are hot, curdled, and possibly don't contain any actual coffee?

Darby apologizes, he's planning to offer a full menu of wraps and salads, but the kitchen is not open yet. First of all he is incredibly short-staffed. Second he has been having a hard time sourcing ingredients. Do you know how hard it is to find a fresh tomato in Hornpipe, in January? All he can offer you for now is reheated oatmeal (it's a little dry).

Special introductory rate on the rooms is 1gp per night. That's a bargain (some of the luxury rooms should cost more) but Darby hasn't had a chance to clean out all the rooms and figure out how much to charge for each, per night. So to make the math easy, just say 1 gold piece per person, sleep anywhere, self-service (no towels etc.).

And to reiterate, if you're tired of the whole adventuring lifestyle and need a low-stress 'day job,' Darby is desperate for help! He will gladly put you to work if you are in the mood to mop floors or wash dishes. You can be 'that guy,' pushing the broom and telling tall tales about spider goats.

Post by kipper » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:56 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:26 pm
Experience and Gold Totals

Special one-time 0% conversion rate: All PC can retroactively convert their current gold-piece total to whatever easily-portable currency they like (including gems, jewellery, or other valuables) free of charge. In the future, there will be a flat 10% conversion rate for all transactions.

I have a few questions:
1) Regarding the 10% transaction fee, so if we convert the gold to gems/jewellery would we have to pay a 10% conversion fee in order to spend the gems/jewellery later to buy something else at a later date?
2) If we don't convert the gold, is there a guaranteed safe location where we can store the gold (essentially hand-waving the storage), or is nowhere safe and it's up to us in-game to deal with the storing of the gold?
3) As a follow-up to #2, if there is a hand-waved safe location, is there a fee charged? (If it's all to be done in-game, then we will find out the fee in due course).
4) If we don't convert the gold, are you going to enforce the difficulty of carting that much gold around town (for example, to and from storage) if we want to make a big purchase, such as some land?

Post by kipper » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:16 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:40 pm
The Straight & Narrow Inn
Dame Simonetta is happy to see that the Inn has changed management, and will now consider making this location her residence. However, as suitable for one of her station and mindful of the position she wants to place herself in town, she will not be happy with a self-serve sleep-anywhere arrangement. She wants a luxury room, by preference a suite. As the owner seems to have his hands full, with his permission she will pay a 100gp deposit and will take it upon herself to scout out the rooms to find something suitable for herself and lay claim to it.

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:19 pm

@kipper

0) I am deviating from the module-as-written. Gygax seemed to really enjoy nickel-and-diming his players, but that's not my style as a DM, it's not 'fun' for me.
1) It's intended as a one-time convenience fee to convert from 'dungeon treasure' to 'fungible currency' or 'credits.'
2) Gems or jewellery, carried on Dame Simonetta's person, is probably the safest option.
3) Nothing jumped out at me on first read of this module. If you've DM'd/played T1 before and have something in mind, speak up!
4) That's true; Dame Simonetta has more wealth than she can easily carry! (If she takes it as gold pieces.)

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:26 pm

It's amazing what you can accomplish with a few gold pieces! Darby bends over backwards to help Dame Simonetta feel at home: "Take any room you like! You can explore upstairs. There are rooms I haven't even been in yet. Remember Mike and I just bought this place on the new year. We are cleaning it out, one room at a time."

(Darby and Mike live in rooms 13-14-15; those rooms are off-limits. Everywhere else is fair game.)

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:50 pm

OOC: To anyone not sure what to do with your treasure, maybe convert it into a golden ring and call it your 'precious.' I'm only half-joking. ;)

I should also mention, that I awarded experience points based on the full amount of the treasure. I'm not sure if that's how Gygax played it at his table, but that's how we're going to do it, here at Hobbet Heroes!

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:30 pm

OOC: Kiplyn would like to have 100gp, 25 sp, and the rest in gems (nothing of more value then say 500). If that's possible.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by dtspurrier » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:02 pm

for bilfur broke down to ten 100 gp gems, one 250 gp gem and 100 in gold.

OOC: can magic items be purchased?
OOC: was the xp included our bonus xp for stats

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”