The Seventh Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by dtspurrier » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

While his friends try to figure how to get passed the web hallway, Bilfur will use his knife and try to get some of the puffballs and put them in his sack. Good for food for later.

(provided the puffballs are in reach)

Post by Scottenkainen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:13 pm

Beppo hopped down from his high vantage point and looked for any big rocks he could roll over the ledge. Something big enough to crush a goat with.

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:33 pm

Kiplyn peers over the ledge...."I think Noh is right, we should burn the webs away. If nothing else we need to drive this beast out of the caves."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 pm

OOC: Added giant puffball to Bilfur's inventory.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 pm

Round 4

Without hesitation, Willie tries to end the Spider-Goat once and for all. With the aid of the Faerie Fire spell, Willie is able to pull off the most perfect, heroic, bullseye sling shot of his adventuring career! The slingstone hits the beast in the side of the head, killing it instantly from the concussion. To Willie's great satisfaction, the force of the impact breaks the creature's jaw, sending a shower of glowing teeth like sparks into the void below.

Beppo and Dame Simonetta find a perfect goat-crushing rock, that takes two Hobbets to lift, but they see their efforts are unnecessary: All the fight has gone out of the Spider-Goat, and its body dangles limply in its web.

Over the next couple of minutes, the sunny yellow glow from the Faerie Fire spell fades away. The spidergoat corpse and the web are no longer visible, as they are 50' down the crevasse, beyond the 30' range of lantern light.

Nice shot, Willie! What next, hobbetses? Since nobody is wounded, a rest turn is optional.
Lots of good ideas. Who acts first? I rule Willie gets first crack, for two reasons: 1) his plan is simple and direct; 2) of all the party members, Willie has the longest-standing grudge against the Spider Goat.

If Willie fails with his sling, then we'll try Beppo and Dame Simonetta's "drop a big rock" idea and/or Noh and Kiplyn's "burn the webs" (both of which, I think, are good plans).

I kid you not, Willie rolls natural 20! (plus Faerie Fire bonus) He hits for 5hp damage.

Does the creature's body stay in its web, or plummet limply into the darkness below? I'm not sure so let's flip a coin: Heads, it sticks.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:11 pm

Kiplyn's mouth drops open at Willie's shot. "Why I've never" he states in amazement.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 pm

Dougal stares into the chasm. "I want to make sure that thing is dead. Let's get some rope from the chest and you guys can lower me down..."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by dtspurrier » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:29 pm

after taking the puffball he will help with getting out the rope and with lowering his new friend down

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:56 pm

OOC: I forgot to update the inventory with the loot from the spider cult barracks; I will do that now. The party has plenty of rope! Each of the cultist footlockers contained 50' of lightweight silk rope. It's good quality burgling rope.

Post by acodispo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:18 pm

Willie stands open-mouthed (the gaps in his smile are easily visible) and stares down into the crevasse as the faerie fire fades away.

"I -- I killed it!" he whispers. He seems more stunned than elated, and after the shock wears off a bit he seems meditative, thoughtful -- not at all his usual boisterous self.

He quietly helps with making the rope fast and with lowering Dougal down.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”