The Seventh Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by rredmond » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:28 pm

Re: The Seventh Adventure

Noh takes a step back in shock, never having delivered anything close to a mighty blow before.
8-)
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by Bastet1002 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:27 am

Robur struggles to catch his breath and then helps Willie up.
Then with a sudden realization he says, "Look Willie! There's treasure!"
Then speaking a little louder he calls up, "Uhh...I'm awfully sorry everyone... I had no idea about this horrible jello... Umm.... thank you. Thank everyone! Ahh... well... like I said to Willie, there's treasure down here. Maybe a little for all. And Willie is ok too."
He staggers around weakly feeling a little rough, and plops down on his behind to work on gathering the treasure.
Robur Boulderhill, Hobbit Fighter 1 / Druid 1 / Thief 1 (MV 12", AC 6 - w/ shield, , HP 7) leather, wood shield, cudgel, sling, Hobbit stiletto, boots high hard, hooded cloak, backpack, scroll cure lit. wound + wat breath, Background: Mead maker

Post by rredmond » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:20 am

Noh answers, with an arched eyebrow: “Those are the coins we threw in there.”
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]

Post by Scottenkainen » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:11 pm

"Ahem, well...it's a good thing I moved out of everyone's way..." Beppo said sheepishly as he dusted himself off.

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:44 pm

Dougal peers over the edge into the pool and murmurs a rhythmic beat as he counts coins.

"Yes, Noh, our coins are in there, too, but there were quite a few in there before we threw ours in."
No worries, Mush. I guess Dougal was staying back because visually I couldn't imagine that many people standing around a 10' pool, all swinging weapons away at it very easily. Seemed over-crowded. So I figured I'd let the fighting types do their fighting.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by kipper » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Dame Simonetta simply shakes her head silently in disbelief.

Post by rredmond » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Just double checking that the torch was completely consumed by the fire. And that the water is just water at this point?

Post by mushgnome » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:32 pm

rredmond wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 pm
Just double checking that the torch was completely consumed by the fire. And that the water is just water at this point?
1. Bilfur's thrown torch was fully consumed.
2. Sorry, druids don't gain the ability to identify pure water until 3rd level. Does Noh drink some anyway? (Knowing he lacks the ability to identify it as safe to drink?)
3. Robur's earlier taste-test strongly implied that it is not pure, clean, safe, potable water.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:47 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:32 pm
2. Sorry, druids don't gain the ability to identify pure water until 3rd level. Does Noh drink some anyway? (Knowing he lacks the ability to identify it as safe to drink?)
3. Robur's earlier taste-test strongly implied that it is not pure, clean, safe, potable water.
Wasn't sure if the post-gelatinous water was different than pre-gelatinous water :)
And no worries, Noh will wait for Robur to take another drink ;)
Last edited by rredmond on Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mushgnome » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:48 pm

We have moved from 1-minute combat rounds to 10-minute exploration turns. If you could each indicate to me, how your PC intends to spend the next 10 minutes, that would be great. (Feel free to discuss this amongst yourselves before making your final decision. In fact, I encourage discussion!)

So far we have 1 vote from Robur, to stay here and harvest the coins from the wishing well. The coins are submerged in a foot of foul, murky water, so the DM rules it would take 1 turn to sift through the sediment and fill a backpack or sack with coins. (Multiple PCs can work together, to retrieve more coins.)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”