The Sixth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 pm

Re: The Sixth Adventure

OOC: Anyone else up for a stroll to the river?

To those going on the walk: There is a foot of snow on the ground from the NYE blizzard. Do you use the roads, paths, and walkways that have been cleared by the humans, or do you stay off the main thoroughfares and trudge through the snowbanks?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:51 pm

Kiplyn looks and the snow level and shrugs. "That looks cold on my toes. Best stay on the path"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:45 pm

Dougal nods, "If we're not sneaking, then we might as well stick to paths. I'll tag along, if ya don't mind?"
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by kipper » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:01 pm

Dame Simonetta certainly won't be traipsing through the snowbanks! She takes the path.

Post by dtspurrier » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:47 pm

bilfur being curious follows these three to the river. If asked he comments, " just seeing where all of you were going. Must be important. I can help."

Post by mushgnome » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:55 am

Hobbets being Hobbets, our Heroes fill their bellies before their walk to the river.

Bilfur enjoys the best meal of his life! First comes an impossibly tall stack of buttermilk pancakes the size of silver dollars. Next is an enormous star-shaped waffle with whipped cream and assorted fruit. (Some of the fruits are too exotic for Bilfur to identify.) A palette cleanser of tiny crepes. Then some potato pancakes with caramelized porcini mushrooms and grated onion. Last but not least is an ample helping of Johnnycakes with dark molasses.

The other Hobbets all chow down as well. The excitement of their recent adventures makes the food taste better than ever. As usual, Frederick refuses any offer of payment for the meal. "It's on the house for Hobbets and Friends! I make it all back and then some by overcharging the Humans. I pump their children full of sugar and then send them home to their parents, heh-heh."

Ursa gives a contented coo from her blanket-nest by the fire; she is mumbling in her sleep, with a big smile on her face.

OOC: Just a suggestion, perhaps this would be a good time for Willie to track down Potty and ask him about the potions. Maybe he's at the windmill HQ?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:18 am

Dougal feels a strong hand on his shoulder, herding him into the kitchen. Frederick's beard is so close it tickles Dougal's ear. "Gimme a hand with the dishes, will ya?"

Once they are alone together, Frederick points a pudgy finger at Dougal. "I heard from one of the neighborhood cats, that heard it from a dog, that heard it from another dog, what you did. What is the matter with you? Third Rule of Adventure Club: ESPECIALLY not to the HUMANS and that includes their Children, Pets, Livestock, Allies, and Known Associates. I'm not mad at you, just don't be STUPID. Go on: go have fun with your friends. Scoot!"

Frederick snaps a dishtowel at Dougal's backside and drives him from the kitchen. He gets to work washing the dishes and chanting to himself in a trancelike cadence: 3rd rule, subsection A, especially not to the Humans and their PETS. 3rd rule, subsection B, especially not to the Humans and their LIVESTOCK. 3rd rule, subsection B, clause Exception Prime, livestock exemption PIGS, GOATS, ALAPCAS, 3rd rule mumble mumble mumble.

He seems to be in his happy place, so the others leave him to his task and step out into the fresh air.

To Be Continued

Post by coffee » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:31 pm

Wilbur the Quite Tall enters, bearing an armload of firewood he has been chopping. He deposits it by the fireplace then looks around, confused.

"Where is everybody?" he asks.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by acodispo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:58 pm

"Good luck with the evil statue disposal, everyone! I'll go see how Potty is doing -- we could use some potions!"

Willie indeed splits off from the rest & goes to see if he can track down Potty at the mill.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:47 pm

Kiplyn continues on towards the river in a nonchalant kind of way......
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”