The Sixth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: The Sixth Adventure

Kiplyn stares at the sack full crumbled remains. "Well does that beat all, I guess it wasn't that hard after all. So now what to we do with this?"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by kipper » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:00 pm

"You could simply bury the bag, but I think it might be better to scatter it about outside instead." Dame Simonetta suggests to Kiplyn.

Post by dtspurrier » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:04 pm

bilfur says with a big smiles, " yes lots of pancakes with lots of butter and syrup."
After getting a table he says to the burglar halfling, " hello cousin, I know you from somewhere but I grew up in the forest so I don;t remember where. Name is Bilfur."

Post by mushgnome » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:18 pm

Bilfur is right! Some (if not all) of the Hobbets assembled here today, have crossed paths before. Maybe not to talk to, and maybe not on a first-name basis, but some of these faces do look familiar. The total population of Hobbets in this setting is low enough, that the Hobbet Homes have a "small town atmosphere" where everybody is basically distant cousins, and you can't walk down the street without bumping into someone you know. Furthermore, Bilfur recalls a specific incident from his youth:

While he typically avoided going into town, young Bilfur would occasionally go to the farmer's market on the outskirts, to barter forest products for essential goods. One day, while passing by the Fairgrounds, young Bilfur noticed a group of children gathering around a traveling performer. Bilfur timidly approached and sat in the back row for the unusual performance. The visitor was an Adventurer, who entertained the children with tumbling, juggling tricks, and tall tales of his adventures. Bilfur can still vividly remember how he felt, being introduced to the concept of Adventure for the first time. Perhaps that event, is what planted the seed in his mind, that has led him here today.

Back in the present day: As Bilfur looks around the restaurant, he recognizes the middle-aged hobbet in the apron, as the Adventurer from long ago!! He is older, balder, and chubbier. But there is no doubt in Bilfur's mind: the cook is none other than that Adventurer, who planted the seed of curiosity all those years ago. Bilfur also thinks, that may be where he recognizes some of these other hobbets from: They are about the same age as him, and perhaps as children, they were also there that same day at the Fairgrounds, too, when Frederick the Adventurer came to town.

The cook approaches Bilfur: "What can I get for you, young man?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:16 pm

Kiplyn agrees with the idea of scattering the pieces. "How about I scatter them in the river."
I am assuming there is a river or stream or something nearby...
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Not just any river... the Miskatonic River!!!

Is Kiplyn picturing this as a casual daytime stroll, potentially interacting with villagers? (I would roll on the random NPC table.) Or is this a stealth mission, slipping from shadow to shadow?

Is anyone else coming to the river with Kip? We haven't explored the town since way back in Adventure One; it could be fun!

(Another fine Creative Commons map from Paratime Designs. The House of Pancakes is on the southern edge of the map, next to the windmill.)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:16 pm

Kiplyn would nod after his thought. "Yes into Miskatonic, that's where it belongs. Anyone want to sneak down to the river with me?"

Post by kipper » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Dame Simonetta cannot help but raise an eyebrow at Kiplyn's suggestion. "I'd be happy to accompany you if you desire, but I won't tolerate any sneaking! If you wish to skulk about, you are on your own."

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:23 pm

Kiplyn looks at Dame Simonetta as if she just told to not eat for the day. "Um well I guess I can not sneak seeing as you'll be there to protect me....... Let's go"

Post by kipper » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:29 am

The Dame nods in satisfaction and, with a last glance about to see if any other hobbets will be accompanying, heads out with Kiplyn towards the river, giving a brief "Good day" to Bilfur in passing.

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”