The Fourth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by kipper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:32 pm

Re: The Fourth Adventure

That was meant more as a comment than as a criticism. It certainly increases the tension!

Speaking of which, I think we should leave it up to Kiplyn and Wilbur as to whether we should press on or not. (Assuming the dice are kind during our "rest" turn)

Post by mushgnome » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:36 pm

I crunched some numbers: Dame Simonetta, Kiplyn, and Willie have enough xp to level up. Hooray for gems! :D
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Kiplyn dusts the crumbs off himself as he stands up. "I feel a little better but Wilbur took the worse of it. What you think Wilbur do you need some pancakes and nap above?"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Willie's eyes light up when he sees the gems Dame S has uncovered, but he sticks to his task, diligently applying the contents of the oil to the ghoul bodies. Once the treasure is gathered, he stands ready to light the fire as the party leaves.

"I say we head back to the surface now, and stash that stuff! If we press further, well, who knows what happens to us! That coin and those gems could be lost again for who knows how long."
Ahhhh, a gem haul. Always the most rewarding part of any delve...
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by coffee » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:16 pm

"Oh, I'll be all right," Wilbur says, in a shaky voice. "I just need a little snack."

He digs in his pack for his rations and starts eating, hoping that he doesn't look too gluttonous in front of his new friends.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:59 pm

Turns 11 etc.

Kiplyn and Wilbur feel a bit better after a snack. After 10 minutes of rest, the party is ready to move on. Willie lights the fire, granting a dignified end to the two ghouls. They once were Adventurers too, and now they may find peace in the Great Pancake House in the Sky. Their spirits are happy, that their treasure hoard is back in the hands of living Hobbets!

The gems of course are highly portable, but 4,000 silver pieces is quite a haul. (4,000 / 20 coins per pound = 200 pounds) But, since the Hobbets are headed straight back to the surface, and not in any particular hurry, the load is easy to bear, lightened by the knowledge that our gang is filthy stinking rich!

Our Hobbet Heroes tiptoe past the Well and wind their way back to the surface unchallenged. Ever mindful of spidergoats and things that go bump in the dark, they eventually reach the ladder and climb back to the surface...
The snack restores Kiplyn to 3/4 and Wilbur to 4/9 hit points.

1d6=2, no wandering monster encounter.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:05 pm

House of Pancakes

Our Heroes return to find Frederick and Ursa right where they left them. Frederick is dabbing a cold washcloth on her forehead. "She's burning up! That's a good sign, right? I'm worried about her toes, though. They're black and swollen. I bet she can fix them when she wakes up. She's healed my wounds, many times, and I've seen her use her magic on herself, too. Oh, I'm sorry I didn't make you any food. I didn't know you'd be back so soon. Help yourself to anything in the kitchen."

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:52 pm

Kiplyn happily divests of the load and heads into the kitchen "Now to business, Hmm let's see what was Gammer Lilla's scone recipe again". He precedes to make a mess while cooking the family scones. :D
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:05 pm

Dougal makes himself useful, stoking the fire in the stove and getting a skillet hot. Soon enough, he has an assortment of bangers and bacon strips sizzling away and popping in their own fat.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by acodispo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Willie helps out in the kitchen, but as soon as he can he makes sure he brings a plate out to Frederick. After noting the state the old fellow is in, he murmurs to any passing members of the Club: "We need to get back down there! Find some healing potion or magic. We've got to help somehow!"

As soon as everyone has eaten, the dishes are done, and all have had a brief sit-down, he starts chivvying the Club back toward the trapdoor, eager to get under ground again...

"Come on, these adventures aren't going to adventure themselves!"
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”