The Fourth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by kipper » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:12 pm

Re: The Fourth Adventure

Dame Simonetta slaps Frederick's hand away and interposes herself again. "Well, there is no way anyone could survive being frozen like that naturally," she says to Willie, "so if she's alive there's something unusual going on... and I'll admit there is certainly something unusual going on."

"Kiplyn is correct, we need get her back. Once we're away from this place, we'll have a better idea what's what."

Post by mushgnome » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:58 pm

"Without any clothes?!? You mean someone... dumped her naked in the snow? What kind of sick... If it was those Humans, I'll make them pay!" Frederick grips the handle of his axe and scans the horizon suspiciously!

Frederick listens to Dame Simonetta's argument and makes haste back to the Pancake House with renewed urgency. Once inside the restaurant, he starts barking orders: "More wood on the fire! Boil some water! Fetch all the blankets and towels from the store room! Lock the door and shutter the windows!"

How, specifically, is each of you helping? If you are doing any kind of medical care, burial preparation, or forensic examination that requires being up close to the body, please say so. You may attempt a MYTHOS check (with all the attendant risks) to gain additional clues with a more detailed examination, if you wish.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Kiplyn would hustle off to get the blankets and towels.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by coffee » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Wilbur, being a stranger here, will most likely stay out of the way.

If someone needs to keep watch, he'll do that; either outside or on an upper floor with a greater vantage point.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Feeling an unnatural pull to gaze into Ursa's eyes, Dougal just begins following Frederick's orders. He sets water to boil, grabs blankets from the store room, shutters the windows, bolts the door... for some reason, he feels like he shouldn't look at Ursa. Can't look at Ursa. Keep busy with the things that Frederick needs... Blankets! Shutters! BOLT THE DOOR!!
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by kipper » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm

Dame Simonetta will watch Ursa closely for any signs of life.

Post by mushgnome » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Under Dame Simonetta's watchful eye, Frederick checks Ursa for signs of life: He feels her wrist and checks for a pulse. He holds a mirror to her mouth to check her breath. He tickles the soles of her feet checking her reflex. He shakes his head in discouragement. All signs point toward the worst. Finally he lifts Ursa's eyelids and stares deeply into his old friend's eyes for several minutes.

For a moment a dark expression comes over Frederick's face, but he shrugs off these troubled thoughts with the grit of a veteran Adventurer. He closes Ursa's eyelids again, tuck the blanket up to her chin, and clears his throat to get everyone's attention.

Frederick passes his MYTHOS check with a d6 roll of 1 and suffers no sanity loss.

"Physically she has no signs of life. But mentally she is still in there! I can see it in her eyes. I think she could come back under the right circumstances. We should warm her up slow. Indirect heat. Make warm compresses with the towels. While I take care of her and wait for her to hopefully wake up, what do you lot think about a quick trip down to the Caves? Return to the place where you last saw Ursa, and look for any clues. See if you can figure out what happened to her. What do you think? Can you do that for me?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Willie, shaken by the whole business, has been quietly helping here & there fetching this & that, but mostly staying out of the way. But Frederick's request is something he feels he can help with.

"Yes, I'll go! Just give me a moment to gather my gear, Mr. Frederick. Who's with me?"
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by kipper » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:14 pm

"That is a sound plan." Dame Simonetta agrees.

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:06 pm

Kiplyn would also be ready to go.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”