The Second Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Re: The Second Adventure

rredmond wrote:Only mildly interested, since it seems to Noh that this is neither animal nor mineral, he concentrates on Carc. He trains him to scout up ahead and alert to any danger when he says, "Carc, scout ahead." Once his corvine friend seems to have the hang of it, Noh turns his attention back to the trunk with the others.
Carc is trying his best to learn the new Trick. He gives a tentative warning sound of Gronk! Gronk! as if to ask, "Am I doing it right?" He seems to not want to leave his master's shoulder.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:34 pm

"That is very good my friend!" Noh says, stroking Carc under his beak.
Is Carc worried about leaving Noh's shoulder for a reason, or just because he's 'training'?
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Kiplyn gives audible gasp when the chest pops open. "Did you see that! Well I've never seen such a thing, isn't that just clever"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:06 pm

rredmond wrote:Is Carc worried about leaving Noh's shoulder for a reason, or just because he's 'training'?
Silly bird seems to be unclear on the "scout ahead for danger" part of the trick; he's giving warning gronks from Noh's shoulder. Keeps looking up into the shadows of the high cavern ceiling. Oh well; he'll learn eventually I suppose.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:09 pm

Noh peers into the darkness above, "do we know how far this spider goat roams?"
mushgnome wrote:
rredmond wrote:Is Carc worried about leaving Noh's shoulder for a reason, or just because he's 'training'?
Silly bird seems to be unclear on the "scout ahead for danger" part of the trick; he's giving warning gronks from Noh's shoulder. Keeps looking up into the shadows of the high cavern ceiling. Oh well; he'll learn eventually I suppose.
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:24 pm

Dougal shakes his head, "Not sure. We've seen him here and... at a chasm. I think. It's all a little cloudy at this point..."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by rredmond » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:24 pm

Noh continues to look up, "Carc is new at this but something up there worries him."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Tet huffs up to the chest a peers over his fellows' shoulders. Don't suppose there's anything to eat in there?
Unbelievably, the large hobbet is already feeling peckish.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by kipper » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:22 pm

"So, are you restocking the chest with those flasks?" Dame Simonetta asks Willie.

Upon discussion of Carc's cries, she assiduously scans the ceiling in circles.

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Willie grins when the chest opens, and he tells Kiplyn: "I chipped my tooth on this chest the first time we found it!"

Then he hears Dame Simonetta's reminder.

"Yes! Mister Frederick said I'm to put 10 of these in here, and that we can keep 2 of them as our reward for carrying the carton here! Who would like to carry them?

"Also, can you all please keep a close eye on the ceiling & the walls while I put these in here? And keep your slings ready..."

Once the Hobbets are arrayed in something resembling a defensive posture, Willie will carefully remove 2 flasks & hand them to whoever would like to carry them.

"Be careful, they are very delicate!"

The rest he'll place in the chest, moving other items to one side if necessary so they can sit on the top.

While he's doing this, he'll take an inventory of the chest's contents.

"I'm sorry, Tet, I don't see any food in here. But this might be wine! Does anybody need anything while I'm in here? Do we have lots of torches?"
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”