Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Kiplyn begins to speak then stops short. Scratches his head and finally eyes the plate of pie."Is that Apple Pie? I could sure use a slice of that."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:26 pm

"Mr. Frederick!" calls Willie as he climbs out of the trapdoor, "We found some gold! And Dougal burned the dis-ease nest! And --"

He cuts off abruptly when he sees the stranger in the room.

"Oh, hello, ma'am. I'm Wilibald Whitfoot, at your service."

He bobs his head. Then his eyes light up.

"Oh! PIE!"
mushgnome wrote:I deducted 10gp from Willie and added a lantern to his inventory. Maybe this time it will stick!
I shall call it Lantern the Third. :D

mushgnome, are you tracking XP "behind the scenes"? Need we keep track of it on our own sheets?
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Sorry about that! I made an error in my formatting code; when I added a column to my Google Sheets, it got cut off on the right. XP totals I'm pretty confident are correct; GP totals might be slightly off, so let me know if you see a problem. I fixed the formatting error, and you can now see the current XP and GP totals at:

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 896#p29896

@ehiker133 I noticed the level title for a 2nd level thief is "Footpad." Appropriate for Dougal if you ask me!
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Frederick says,"Where are my manners? Gentlemen, and (to Dame Simonetta) Gentlelady, may I present my dear old friend Ursa Underfoot! If you've never heard her name before then good, it means our Rules are working: This Hobbet right here is a walking, talking, living, breathing, Major Spoiler! But, ahem, uh... Willie? Ix-nay on the old-gay talk around strangers, please? For all you know, she could be a spy for the humans, and then our fun is up."

"Oh stop," says Ursa. "Don't listen to Frederick. I'm nobody special (and definitely not a spy). Just a Hobbet past her prime, who likes eating pie. And don't be too hard on Wilibald, Frederick, you are getting old and losing your hearing. I certainly didn't hear him say anything about nests or treasure." She gives Willie a conspiratorial wink.

Frederick suddenly remembers, "And speaking of pie! I just baked it fresh for Ursa. A slice for each of you. Now this might sound weird, but I highly recommend a fried egg and melted cheddar cheese on top. Or you can have whipped cream instead, if you prefer. Ursa just eats it plain, which I think is dumb."

"FREDERICK!"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:51 pm

"This being under the ground is almost as much fun as sleeping on the ground," Noh says with a smile to Frederick and Ursa (trying to get more comfortable with civilized interactions), "almost. How does pie sound Carc?" He gives the raven an affectionate scratch on the head. "Plus," he murmurs mostly to himself, "apparently I need to buy some sacks."
Thank you for the tracking! Makes things quite easy. Does Ursa look to be a nature lover, perhaps of a druidic nature to Noh? Or just a well worn traveler? Didn't want to let the "wild look" and sleeping under the stars descriptions go by without asking. :D
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Noh gets a big time "Druid vibe" from Ursa. Carc gazes at her adoringly.

Post by rredmond » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 pm

Excellent! Must make friends!!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Noticing the sprig of mistletoe Noh'won wears around his neck, Ursa takes him for a kindred spirit and waves to him with her twisted knob of a cudgel. "Let me have a closer look at that fine walking-stick of yours. I prefer the old shillelagh style, what about you?"

Post by kipper » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Dame Simonetta considers that Ursa's appearance is not auspicious and is about to give a sniff of disapproval, but the intake of air served to remind her of her own condition and instead she nods politely. "Good Morning. I am Simonetta Clytie LaJolle. If you will excuse me, I am afraid I am in a dreadful state." She heads off for a wash up, and then returns to settle down to a slice of pie with egg and cheddar.

Post by rredmond » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:52 am

mushgnome wrote:Noticing the sprig of mistletoe Noh'won wears around his neck, Ursa takes him for a kindred spirit and waves to him with her twisted knob of a cudgel. "Let me have a closer look at that fine walking-stick of yours. I prefer the old shillelagh style, what about you?"
"Too true, Ursa, too true," Noh says with a big smile. Ursa feels like the woods, "you exude the many joys of nature, oh Carc I think we are going to enjoy this conversation. Ursa this is my friend Carc, he has been an extremely brave companion, mind if we join you for some pie -- plain of any toppings of course," he finishes with a wink. After introducing the raven, unless not invited, they sit down with Ursa for, what will likely be, and invigorating chat.

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”