Out Of Character

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Fri May 08, 2020 1:32 am

Re: Out Of Character

TO ALL PLAYERS

I've posted XP and treasure updates here:
http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 400#p31400

Please feel free to start chit-chatting and getting back into character in that thread. We will wait for a couple more players before officially starting the next Adventure.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by kipper » Fri May 08, 2020 2:41 pm

I can't see the map on the prologue thread. http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 403#p31403

The maps in the "Maps" thread look fine.

Post by mushgnome » Fri May 08, 2020 4:29 pm

Welcome aboard @kipper! This is shaping up to be a fun group. :)

I rolled some stats for you, and I also fixed the link to the map image.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Fri May 08, 2020 6:20 pm

mushgnome wrote:
rredmond wrote:The Blues Brothers or Love Handle?? :D
I had to google the "Love Handle" reference. Ha! :lol:
Phineas and Ferb is a must see cartoon for all ages! :D
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by rredmond » Fri May 08, 2020 7:59 pm

Maps are pretty cool, how'd you make them?
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mushgnome » Sat May 09, 2020 1:42 pm

rredmond wrote:Maps are pretty cool, how'd you make them?
I basically have zero artistic ability, so I bought the map on rpgnow. I'd send you the link but, y'know, SPOILERS!

By total coincidence, the map is drawn by the same artist who made the maps for Makofan's 'Gorthaur's Madness' campaign.

The one thing I am proud of and will totally take credit for, is how I reveal sections of the map to the players. Using GIMP (but you could also use Photoshop if you like) I make a separate 'layer' that sits on top of the map, and I fill that layer with shadow. Then as the players explore the dungeon, I use the airbrush tool with transparent color to erase the shadow, revealing sections of the map layer underneath. That's how I get the 'shadow' effect at the edge of torchlight.

Post by mushgnome » Sat May 09, 2020 1:58 pm

A couple of people I haven't heard back from yet. Looks like the following players are just about ready to go:

acodispo
ehiker133
kipper
mgtremaine
rredmond

We've all gamed together before, in various permutations, and I'm confident we all respect each other and there will be good party chemistry.

I'm thinking about inviting a few more folks who are kindred gamer/geek/creative spirits, but don't necessarily have OD&D/Delving Deeper experience. What do you think would be more fun for you guys? A smaller party of veteran players, or a larger party with a couple of newcomers?

Post by acodispo » Sat May 09, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm cool with newcomers, mushgnome! :)

Re: the awards you posted for adventure 1, those are totals, correct? I already had 55xp recorded for Willie. I haven't read back through the history yet to see where he earned that, but I'm assuming it was somewhere in the dungeon & is accounted for in the total you just posted.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sat May 09, 2020 2:50 pm

Okay, that's one vote for newcomers!

@acodispo, those xp totals are cumulative and go all the way back to the party's woodland encounter with the albino moose. Y'all ended up getting a little boost, because I decided 1) to give Potty a half share; 2) Chegs got nothing.

Post by acodispo » Sat May 09, 2020 2:57 pm

mushgnome wrote:@acodispo, those xp totals are cumulative and go all the way back to the party's woodland encounter with the albino moose.
Okay, great!

And the gp values are the same? Sorry, it's been so long I've no idea where the values on the character sheet come from. :D

For instance, Willie had 3gp after character creation purchases.

He had 13gp noted on his sheet as of this morning (must have recorded 10gp gained in the dungeon somewhere).

I think I'm right in understanding he should now have 89gp, not 102gp (i.e. 89+13).
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”