(083) Goblin Town

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 04, 2017 8:44 am

Re: (083) Goblin Town

Mero waits a few minutes for an appropriate pause in the evening's service before approaching the testy barkeep with his story.

"Well Mr. No-Name," grumbles the barkeep, "Ya do seem a discrete sort, with no love of them damn snorks, so's I might be able to accommodate ya." He takes the two silvers Mero offers.

"Get yerself and yer crew--you'd best take a few brave sorts with you; there's no telling what mischief might be encountered below these days--to the back tap room quietly like. Go in ones and twos so as not to make a scene. From there get yerselves unseen down the stair behind the bar into the barrel cellar, and wait fer me there til evenings end." he gravels, and with that he's off to attend to his business...
Mero (charisma 13) approaches the unfriendly barkeep. He doesn't offer his name, but he speaks in Gothic of tackling the goblin foe, and offers a 2 sp incentive...
The ref decides the barkeep is better off not knowing any more than is necessary at this point, so adjusts Mero's reaction throw by +2. 2d6=7 +2 = 9. That's a positive result folks.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 04, 2017 8:47 am

mushgnome wrote:Boggs replies: "My men and I have no fear of sorcery. Any enemy of the goblins is a friend of mine."
Boggs' men glance at each other nervously... they've heard some disquieting things about sorcerers...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am

Mero thanks the bartender, and scans the room for doughty men, until his eyes rest upon a older man in armor and a massive hooded stranger. Mero determines the duo must be clerics of Thuul and approaches.

"Good evening Brothers," says Mero, nodding respectfully to the monks. "Tonight I will venture into the catacombs of Ket, in search of a means to enact a sour hurt to the goblin. I know of the martial training you receive in the order, and would be glad to have two stout men of the faith at my side."
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by flightcommander » Thu May 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Morin grins broadly at Mero and laughs lightly. "I am no priest like this good man here — I serve a different Master! But I too intend to enter the catacombs, and if while there we must put goblins to the sword, so be it."
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 am

waysoftheearth wrote:Boggs' men glance at each other nervously... they've heard some disquieting things about sorcerers...
Boggs does his best to inspire his men: "Are you having second thoughts? Frightened of parlour tricks? Would you rather go back to the surface and grovel before the goblins like the other humans? You're better than that! You're the Bright Lion Company! Please open your stylish new backpacks and feast upon the victuals I have thoughtfully provided. Chew slowly; those rations have to last you seven days."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Fri May 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Walfried is busy packing up the last of his things, but he pauses long enough to give Mero a blatant look-over. He nods: the fighting-man seems to pass his assessment.

"These goblins are a blight in the eye of the Almighty," he says as he ties up the last of his belongings."The thought of smashing a few of them, and bringing out some gold to fill St Wilmod's coffers -- that's a good thought. I'll join your venture. I'm Brother Walfried."
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Fri May 05, 2017 3:01 pm

"And I am known as Mero," says Mero, offering Brother Walfried his hand.

"What shall I call you?" he asks, sizing the stranger up.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by flightcommander » Fri May 05, 2017 6:47 pm

"I am called Morin here. You have information from this tavern keeper, yes?"
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by sully » Fri May 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Chiron slowly slides closer to Morin, Mero, and Walfried, listening in to their conversation.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by merias » Fri May 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Orim, too moves closer, anxious to hear what was said.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Return to “Hinterlands”